Technical Engineering Manager
||ACS Commercial Gas, Domestic Gas
C&G 236 part 1 & 2, C&G 18th Edition
||Various national FM companies
|General Notes if Applicable
||Experienced technical engineering manager, with extensive FM sector experience
Desired Salary: £40K – £45K
For more information relating to this CV please contact:
HVAC Recruitment Ltd
01745 77 22 18
- CPA 1
- ACS Commercial
- ICAE/CORT1 & CIGA
- TPCP1A Soundness Test/Purging < 1m3
- TPCP1 Soundness Test/Purging > 1m3
- Controlling legionella
- IOSH managing safely
- City and Guilds 18th Edition
- STA A/C and Refrigeration Course
- BS 7671 IEE Wiring Regulations 18th Edition Course
- C&G Electrical Installation 236 Parts 1 & 2
- Gas Managers course
- I have over thirty five years of experience within the building services industry. I am Proficient when working within a range of commercial premises, I have a vast range of expertise. Competent when carrying out the maintenance, service and installation of gas fired heating plant, oil fired plant and all associated systems. Accredited qualifications do compliment my engineering ability. Being certified to commercial ACS standard as well as domestic ACS tickets I also hold a C&G Electrical Installations and A/C and Refrigeration Courses I have a sound background knowledge. I have good communication skills, enthusiasm and dedication. This has been recognised by leading building services companies including Johnson Controls, Haden Building Management and Elyo Services. Developing first class abilities with such employers, I am now keen to undertake new challenges within the service industry projects.
- I moved into a management role with a national retailer taking control of a £1.75million portfolio covering all aspects of the delivery of hard services to head office sites. Working closely with stakeholders and colleagues in the first six months of my tenure I had managed a saving of £300,000 due to tighter control on parts and materials used and limiting the use of sub-contractors by having own workforce upskilled.
National FM Service Company Regional Manager
2018 – Present
- I am currently a Regional Manager on the Four Seasons Contract. I am responsible for the delivery of compliance PPMS and reactive calls for 78 properties through Scotland and the North east of England. I manage a team of 7 RMTE’s and one water tech looking after their day to day workload and parts spend. I have overall control of budget spend through reactive works and parts spending. I am also responsible for all annual and mid year reviews, managing holidays and on call rotas. I also conduct H&S audits on contractors and review and manage all contractor performance
January 2017 – 2018
- I have been responsible for developing and delivering courses regarding electrical smart meter installation. The course was designed to help people gain employment within the energy and utilities sector. The course covered all aspects of electrical theory and also all required practical skills as well as a strong delivery on health and safety and all normative industry standards.
- I also deliver courses on gas installation and maintenance to both apprentices and city and guilds candidates who are seeking employment. In the course of delivering this material I have also developed them so as to give a better understanding of industry to candidates
June 2012 – January 2017
Head Office North Group Service
April 2015 – January 2017
- Responsible for all areas of maintenance and reactive calls within the head office structure, The main responsibility is to ensure that all maintenance is correctly scheduled and all reactive calls are dealt within the agreed SLA whilst maintaining a strong hold on health and safety.
- I lead a team of seven site based technicians and four mobile technicians. I oversee all compliance and regulation issues including electrical, gas, L8 and health and safety.
- Leading the delivery to all head office sites including all hard and soft services I had a portfolio of £2.75Million under my control and in the first 12months I had secured a saving of £300,000. This was done by upskilling members of the team and reducing the need for contractors as well as introducing a new way of material ordering and suppliers.
- Dealing on a daily basis with building managers and lead facilities manager I also produce monthly financial reports for stakeholders.
- I dealt on a weekly/monthly basis with all sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure we are receiving the best possible service and financial packages.
- I have a strong customer focus and have built a team in that mould.
June 2012 – April 2015
- I am responsible for the maintenance and repair of all HVAC equipment within the company’s offices throughout the country.
- I also work in partnership with our maintenance programmers to ensure all ppms are covered and also being completed in an efficient manner.
- As well as delivering a high level of maintenance I am also responsible for dealing with contractors and contractor quotes that come into the hvac and maintenance areas and also those who come onto site, with regards to checking ppe, method statements and risk assessments as well as carrying out quality checks at the completion of work.
- I have a good knowledge of H&S issues having worked in the electrical and hvac industry for 30years. I am also responsible for ensuring that the five head offices are covered in all areas of compliance and keeping all records up to date.
- I am also responsible for carrying out all dilapidation reports across the head office estate, I then collate this information and I am then tasked with any pricing or quotations that may be required for ineffective plant.
National FM Company Service engineer (Gas supervisor)
November 2009 – June 2012
- Carrying out service and repair of various commercial and domestic gas installations for clients including Heineken and the NHS.
- Also responsible for the gas documentation within the company also scheduling ppm works and organizing engineers to ensure quality service to our client base.
National FM Company Service Tech
October 2008 – November 2009
- Carrying out service and repair of commercial and domestic gas installations for several large organisations including Strathclyde police
Heating Contractor Service Tech.
September 2007 – October 2008
- Carrying out service and repair of commercial and domestic gas installations. Duties include testing and purging and landlords certificates.
National FM Company
September 2004 – September 2007
May 2005 – September 2007
- The candidate is currently carrying out the maintenance and repair of gas fired boilers throughout the site and also the repair and maintenance of split air conditioning units. Other duties include the sourcing and ordering of spares as required. Additionally responsible for implementing and upkeep of the gas safety records to ensure they are ready for auditing.
September 2004 – May 2005
- Carrying out the service and maintenance on various types of heating and air conditioning equipment.
Haden Building Management Service Engineer
January 2001 – September 2004
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of gas and oil fired heating systems and additionally air conditioning equipment for large several organizations including Strathclyde Police Force.
Elyo Ltd Service Engineer
January 1998 – January 2001
- Duties including carrying out maintenance and repair of gas and oil fired heating systems for British telecom. The candidate was also responsible for routine electrical maintenance including fire alarm testing and emergency light testing.
Avex Electronics Electrician
March 1996 – January 1998
- Responsible for a small team looking after all electrical maintenance within a factory environment. Duties included small installations to provide power for various types of machinery and also the maintenance of machines after installations.
Atlas Wright Service Engineer
July 1993 – March 1996
- Within this employ the candidate was responsible for the repair and maintenance of split air conditioning units for several large organizations.
MTM Service Engineer
January 1990 – July 1993
- Responsible for the service and repair of various types of gas and oil fired heating systems. Duties also included the maintenance of split air conditioning units within office environments.
Fourways Inn, Bermuda Chief Engineer
June 1989 – January 1990
- Responsible for all maintenance within the cottage colony buildings and restaurants. Additionally responsible for scheduling and organizing various sub-contractors on the hotel site.
Linde Refrigeration Refrigeration Mechanic
November 1987 – June 1989
- Responsible for the installation and commissioning of industrial and commercial refrigeration systems.
Unilec Ltd Apprentice Electrician
August 1983 – May 1987
- As an apprentice the candidate worked on various commercial, industrial and domestic electrical installations using a full range of electrical materials and equipment.