Overview of CDM Regulations
|General Notes if Applicable
||Very experienced manager with a solid Facilities Management industry background
For more information relating to this CV please contact:
HVAC Recruitment Ltd
01745 77 22 18
- A dedicated and enthusiastic Facilities Manager with an excellent understanding of the delivery of both hard and soft services to a multi-site portfolio and a retail site. Experience in the building engineering and facilities services area enables a logical and professional approach to problem solving. Enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible as well as having the ability to work under pressure to achieve targets with tight timescales within an ever changing environment.
Technical Training Attended:
- O.S.H. Managing Safety at Work
- COSHH Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Asbestos Awareness
- L8 Awareness
- Accident Investigation Workshop
- Emergency Lighting
- Overview of CDM Regulations
- Sound commercial awareness.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player.
- Experienced in hard and soft facilities services and Building Engineering Services.
- Excellent IT skills
XXXXX Facilities Manager
October 2012 to September 2019
Responsible for 248 buildings within West Yorkshire providing a safe working environment and driving brilliant customer service.
- Leading a team of 29 colleagues which include housekeeping, reception, security, mail and multi- skilled engineers
- Ensuring PPM statutory and non-statutory are completed on time including compliance certification.
- Coordination and review of Fire Risk Assessments including management of remedial actions.
- Ensuring health and safety excellence and maintaining a secure workplace
- Ability to challenge at all levels working practices to ensure a safe and complaint environment
- Holding planned meetings with key customers to ensure excellent customer journey
- Organise and plan workflow for a large multi-disciplined team, adapting to changing priorities and working with partners to maximise productivity and instigate change
- Management and control of budget within my budget
XXXXX Site Manager
September 2011 to October 12
Working on Building Schools for the Future project – BSF PFI at Tong High School, Bradford covering all hard and soft services.
- Main interface with the school’s Business Manager and Amey
- Key to the school recruitment by being actively involved in Parents Evenings and Open Days.
- Managing 1590 students and teachers needs on a daily basis.
- Accomplished tight timescales for examination layouts needed to be met.
- Responsible for capturing all authority related damage (ARD) and recouping monies caused by staff and students.
- Control of all H & S and Statutory Compliance checks.
- Proactively managed security, cleaning, caretaking, engineers which staff of up to 25
- Managed up to 30 contractors during holiday periods to complete agreed works between the school and Amey.
- Responsible for recruitment, performance management, training and payroll.
- Managed performance delivery against contract KPIs and ensured no financial abatements were incurred.
XXXXX Workplace Hub Manager August 2009 – September 2011
- Transitional / Mobilisation of PFI contract for all hard and soft services for Pontefract, Wakefield and Pinderfields New Hospitals.
OCS Integrated Services Service Manager
February 2008 – August 2009
- Working on a retail contract that provided both hard and soft services at the White Rose Shopping Centre, Leeds.
Carillion Plc Facilities Manager
September 2000 – September 2007
- Providing both hard and soft services covering a wide range of buildings within the BT estate spanning an area in excess of 900 buildings.
BT Plc Clerical Officer, BT Chat Lines
September 1982 – September 2000