We are currently recruiting for a Carpentry qualified building fabrics engineer to be based at a West Midlands based Hospital.
This is a permanent full-time role working 42 hours per week. Shift pattern will be 4 on and then 4 off. On offer is a salary banding of £22,000 - £24,000 dependent upon skills and experience and a shift allowance.
Shifts will be:
2 x 7am- 7pm
2 x 7pm – 7am
You'll carry out planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across the Acute Estate and provide an excellent service to our customers.
- Carry out maintenance, repairs and inspection of civil, and associated building fabric services
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on civil and associated building fabric services
- Respond to ad-hoc breakdown requests
- Carry out installation work involved in minor upgrading and adaptation works.
- Carry out risk assessments on-site
- Assist the Mechanical & electrical trades with minor maintenance tasks such the replacement of lamps, unblocking sinks and toilets, changing of nurse call handsets and any other related tasks
- Undertake any training where necessary
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- City & Guilds / NVQ Carpentry/Joinery qualification or equivalent (Essential)
- Strong Carpentry and building fabric background.
- Full clean Driving License (For use of on site vehicles)
- Possess strong practical skills and knowledge of civil & building maintenance.
- Experience of using and maintaining a large variety of building tools, maintenance tools and light/ heavy machinery, along with good building knowledge and skills.
- GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent.
- Previously worked within a Healthcare maintenance environment
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety procedures