Mobile Role (Van and Fuel Card Provided)
Tonbridge (Maidstone, Ashford, Canterbury, Folkstone)
Our Client is currently looking for a Commercial Gas Engineer to join an existing large team of engineers overseeing multiple mobile contracts for the biggest Facilities Management company in Europe.
- Provide a reactive and planned pro-active maintenance (PPM) service as per project requirements to all operational assets
- Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which covers electrical, mechanical and building fabric disciplines
- Carry out modifications and installations as and when required
- Liaise with contractors or external suppliers where required and clearly communicate technical issues
- Ensure that work is carried out to a high standard of quality and in line with current legal standards, company policies and procedures
- Maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement, optimum performance / improved efficiencies and cost reductions
- Maintain equipment supported by sound diagnostic and problem solving skills, raising issues as required to the shift supervisor on a timely basis
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation plant to optimise both reliability and maintainability
- Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators (KPI) / service level agreements (SLA) are met
- Take ownership of tools and equipment provided and ensure they are maintained to an appropriate standard - reporting any defects immediately
- Provide technical support/input to projects and initiatives
- Being responsible for their own work and work of those under supervision, is completed in a safe and diligent manner.
- Ensure regular feedback on issues arising before, during and following work activities that are completed
- Complete any required paperwork and reports accurately and on a timely basis
- Complete required training and development in order to maintain competent in the role
- Complete other duties as required and directed by the Regional Operations Supervisor or members of the Management Team
- Flexibility in work hours to provide cover if required for holidays and sickness absence
- Participation in standby rota for emergency calls, outside normal working hours
- Familiarise and help to business continuity and the plan for the part of the business you work in
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies
- Completion of documentation as required, including RAMS and adhere to all associated permits
- NVQ Level 3 in Heating/Ventilation/Maintenance
- COCN1 OR CODNCO1 (domestic to commercial changeover)- Essential
- CORT1, TPCP1A, CIGA1, CDGA1, ICPN1- Desirable
- Experience of working within commercial properties and installations
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload
- Flexibility and adaptability to change / Flexible approach to work and working hours (subject to the EU Working Time Directive).
- Pro-active and positive approach to work
- Good knowledge of building Statutory Compliance.
- Must hold a full UK driver’s license.
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team.
- Presented in a clean and tidy manner to represent the company, in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.
- Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
- Able to do the job right and do it right first time, within a pre-determined timescale.
If this role as a Commercial Gas Engineer is of interest or you'd like to know more, please apply or call the office and ask for Dom on 0208 092 6500
Any successful candidate referrals for this position could earn you £250 voucher from HVAC FM, so if you know candidate who is suitable for this position, get in touch today!