The above position is a key role within the FM sector as this position generates in the region of £5m worth of “Spin-Off” quotations annually. This is not a new position and has been ongoing since 1999 turning over a substantial element of the business.
The individual has to possess the following skills in order to carry out this important position.
- Good Communication Skills. (The role requires the individual to liaise with various levels of management both internally and client based)
- Computer skills (To be able to type quotations, update databases, etc.)
- Good Organisational Skills
- Be flexible in their approach to work
This role comprises many elements, namely,
- Compilation of Quotations derived from either Additional Work Reports or Engineers Report Sheets.
- Maintaining and updating the Microsoft Access Database used for generating “Spin-Off” quotations.
- Following up outstanding quotations by communicating with clients, consultants etc. with a view to advising our clients on works that need to be carried out and allow the business to maximise our “quote to order” ratio.
- Orders received are to be logged on Engineers Diary and updated in the “Spin-Off” Log Database.
- Materials, if required, should be organised and once delivered, the individual should liaise with the Service Department to organise labour for carrying out the necessary works.
In addition to the “Spin-Off” Role the individual may be required to assist the Sales Department on compiling Tender Submissions. Various elements of the role would involve,
- Tender Analysis - Assessing the requirements of the tender and assistance with Tender Compilation.
- Sub-Contractor Liaison – Contacting Sub-Contractors relevant to the Tender either nominated Sub-Contractors in the Tender Document or Sub-Contractors that the comopany has used on similar projects.
It should be noted that the above identifies the “Core” elements of the Sales Co-Ordinators role within the company and it should be noted that these elements might vary dependent on the demands on the company at any given time.
Apply with CV FAO Sharon or call 0161 519 5505