Mon - Fri / 8 - 5 + Overtime/On Call
Are you a newly qualified/trained handyperson, labourer or carpenter and looking to step into the FM industry?
We have a great opportunity with one of our biggest and longest standing clients, who are a renowned and strongly established FM company who are looking to take a Handyperson on, covering the biggest government contract in the UK.
- Provide a reactive and pro-active maintenance service as per project requirements to all operational equipment
- Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which covers electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Carry out modifications and installations when required
- Liaise with contractors or external suppliers where required and clearly communicate technical issues
- Provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to optimum performance
- Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators are met
- Maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Take ownership of tools and equipment provided and ensure maintained to an appropriate standard, reporting any defects immediately
- Provide technical support/input to projects and initiatives
- Continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions
- Responsible for ensuring own work and work of those under supervision is completed in a safe and diligent manner to ensure regular feedback on issues arising before, during and following activities that are carried out
- Maintain equipment supported by sound diagnostic and problem solving skills, raising issues as required to the shift supervisor on a timely basis
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation plant to optimise both reliability and maintainability
- Complete any required paperwork, produce reports accurately and on a timely basis
- Complete training and development activities as required in order to remain competent in role
- Complete other duties as required and directed by the shift Maintenance Supervisor or members of the Management Team
- Appropriate up to date training to make use of relevant equipment/tools
- Experience in delivering core PM and reactive works to work out of hours and on call
- Experienced in using PDAs
- Up to date knowledge of technical regulations applicable to core craft and how this applies to role
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role
- Fault diagnosis and resolution
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions (where able to do so)
- Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written communication
- Ability to use effectively any ICT equipment provided
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload
- Pro-active and positive approach to work
- Ability to provide a schedule of works for identified additional/remedial works
- Writing and following risk and method statements as required on a daily basis
- Good knowledge of building Statutory Compliance.
- Company Vehicle & Fuel Card
- Opportunity to progress and learn new skills
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
If this role as a Handyperson is of interest please apply or alternatively call the office on 0208 092 6500 and ask for Dom.
Any successful candidate referrals for this position could earn you £250 voucher from HVAC FM, so if you know candidate who is suitable for this position, get in touch today!