Job PurposeThe initial company representative on site and working with minimal supervision, the role will undertake varied duties, supporting the efficient day to day operation of the building.
Duties include client liaison, managing visitor access, overseeing contractors, processing incoming/outgoing post/deliveries, regular equipment compliance checks and providing administrative support.
As the primary point of contact the individual will build positive client relations, initially taking ownership of issues, gathering information to assist resolution with support from the wider team.
- To maintain a high level of building security.
- To maintain a clean and smart appearance wearing the approved uniform.
- Greet visitors and oversee access control ensuring compliance to signing in/out procedures. Escort, advise and offer help as necessary.
- Manage the attendance of maintenance contractors to site, giving appropriate briefing, dealing with related administration and access needs.
- Deliver high standards of customer service by effectively managing enquiries and messages from visitors and others, in a timely, efficient, friendly and helpful manner.
- Responsible for the issue of visitor and staff temporary passes
- To act as local interface between and on-site staff
- The receipt and correct handling of internal and external mail/deliveries.
- Undertake routine planned asset maintenance checks
- Complete administrative tasks as directed by management.
- To initiate procedures and assist in the event of an emergency evacuation
- To manage and record management information relevant to the role.
- Participate in the Health and Safety Policy of the company and report any dangers, hazards or other issues that may be encountered to the appropriate person.
- Undertake other duties which may be required which are within the capability of the person.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- High level of customer care skills with customer service focussed approach
- Highly self-motivated, flexible and with the ability to manage own workload.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, lone working at times.
- Show initiative, with an ability to problem solve.
- Efficient and courteous manner, with respect for race and diversity
- Approachable, polite and an effective communicator
- Ability to receive instruction and develop new skills.
- Ability to manage / initiate emergency procedures – a clear thinker in crisis
- Computer literate, competent in the use of MS Office
- Flexibility to work overtime – sometimes at short notice
- Trained first aider (training will be provided as this is a mandatory requirement)
- Manual handling training
- Awareness of DDA compliance
- Previously worked in a similar role
- IOSH Managing Safely
If this role would be of any interest at all please apply with your CV online or call Jamie on 0121 809 1999