Mobile Fabric Engineer
Mon - Fri / 8 - 5 + Overtime/On Call
Are you a newly qualified/trained Fabric engineer / Fabric Technician / Handyperson / Handyman / Labourer or Carpenter and looking to step into the FM industry?
We have a great opportunity with a new client of ours, who are a renowned and strongly established FM company who are looking to take a Mobile Fabric Engineer on board.
- Provide a reactive and pro-active maintenance service as per project requirements to all operational equipment
- Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which covers electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Carry out modifications and installations when required
- Liaise with contractors or external suppliers where required and clearly communicate technical issues
- Provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to optimum performance
- Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators are met
- Maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Take ownership of tools and equipment provided and ensure maintained to an appropriate standard, reporting any defects immediately
- Provide technical support/input to projects and initiatives
- Continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions
- Responsible for ensuring own work and work of those under supervision is completed in a safe and diligent manner to ensure regular feedback on issues arising before, during and following activities that are carried out
- Maintain equipment supported by sound diagnostic and problem solving skills, raising issues as required to the shift supervisor on a timely basis
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation plant to optimise both reliability and maintainability
- Complete any required paperwork, produce reports accurately and on a timely basis
- Complete training and development activities as required in order to remain competent in role
- Complete other duties as required and directed by the shift Maintenance Supervisor or members of the Management Team
- Appropriate up to date training to make use of relevant equipment/tools
- Experience in delivering core PM and reactive works to work out of hours and on call
- Experienced in using PDAs
- Up to date knowledge of technical regulations applicable to core craft and how this applies to role
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role
- Fault diagnosis and resolution
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions (where able to do so)
- Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written communication
- Ability to use effectively any ICT equipment provided
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload
- Pro-active and positive approach to work
- Ability to provide a schedule of works for identified additional/remedial works
- Writing and following risk and method statements as required on a daily basis
- Good knowledge of building Statutory Compliance.
- Personal use of company vehicle
- Opportunity to progress and learn new skills
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
If this role as a Mobile Fabric Engineer is of interest please apply or alternatively call the office on 0208 092 6500 and ask for Dom.
Any successful candidate referrals for this position could earn you £250 voucher from HVAC FM, so if you know candidate who is suitable for this position, get in touch today!