Our client is currently looking to hire a plumber/pipefitter to work on commercial contracts.
The role will be responsible for carrying out a range of general maintenance tasks mostly covering plumbing tasks; however, fabric maintenance tasks, business support tasks and other adhoc tasks will be required.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week, a driving license is essential for this role as travel will be required across various sites in the region.
- The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (Plumbing, fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc)
- Monthly utilities meter readings
- First line response to reactive repairs
- Relamping of defective luminaries
- Building fabric repairs
- Minor decorating tasks
- Minor carpentry & joinery repairs
- Supporting external landscaping when required
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
What we are looking for:
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Full UK driving licence
- Formal trade qualification in plumbing (NVQ or C&G)
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson with a plumbing bias
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
This is a hands-on role and would suit an individual that can work using their own initiative and have a proactive approach to undertake all tasks required. A conscientious and reliable team player, and someone that has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
If this role would be of any interest at all please apply on line with your CV or call Jamie on 0121 809 1999 for more information