Circa £50K plus car plus bonus
Our client has over 40 years of experience the construction industry. They specialise in M&E building services across the Nottingham and Stoke area. They work across various sectors inclusive of local authorities, HM prison services, education, and industrial clients.
Currently our client is looking to recruit an M&E Contracts Manager to manage their M&E projects in the Midlands, the projects will be valued up to £1 million.
M&E Project Manager - The Role purpose:
To manage various major projects across the business on a wide range of client sites. This includes labour control, sub-contractor management and procurement. Project Health & Safety and Financial responsibility.
- Project Operational Management
- Construction, Refurb and Maintenance Projects
- Project Financial Management
- Project Planning and Mobilisation
- Resource allocation (direct and sub-contract)
Integration within the projects team to ensure collaborative working, thus delivering challenges and satisfying customer expectations.
The role involves day to day management working as a part of the wider projects team and business. Reporting directly to the MD.
The role involves developing projects from concept through until delivery as well as pre-designed works and reactive project works.
M&E Project Manager - Key Deliverables:
- Have the commercial experience and understanding to manage a construction contract
- Have the ability to carry out project valuations/applications, variation management and correct contract knowledge to understand standard construction contract types and processes.
- To have the ability to manage sub-contractors commercially, ensuring sub-contract orders and procurement processes are followed and to meet contractual obligations.
- Day to day management of labour resources and specialist sub-contractors
- Frequently report on project spend against budget and contract reviews.
- Site surveys covering new and existing installations
- Tendering for new works and developing new client relations.
- Health and Safety planning/management including preparation of RAMS and compliance with CDM2015.
- To lead a project, becoming a single point of contact and focus the team throughout delivery.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with clients and stakeholders to ensure consistent service delivery
- To ensure full installation compliance, adherence to best working practices and statutory law
- Procurement of materials and specialist sub-contractors
- To maintain documentation and records which are project specific and to business requirements
- Have a sound knowledge of the M&E industry, particularly Building Services installations, installation drawings and a good technical/problem solving ability
- Have proven Project Management experience
- Able to work alone or within a team to deliver multiple projects and set deadlines
- Work effectively under pressure
- Have proficient knowledge of MS Office inc. Word, Excel and MSProjects.
M&E Project Manager - Required Skillset:
- C&G or HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Building Services Qualification.
- Health & Safety related qualification – e.g. SMSTS, CSCS, IOSH.
- CAD Experience and understanding of industry engineering techniques.
- Project Management qualification desirable
If you are interested in this M&E Project Manager role please apply with your CV or call Jamie Goodwin on 0121 809 1999 for more information