We are on the hunt to recruit a Refrigeration Manager for our client who are a big player within the Supermarket FM Sector
Are you currently a Supervisor with in the refrigeration industry looking for the next step up into management? If so we have an opportunity for you.
You will have responsibility for a team of PPM Refrigeration Engineers to ensure that planned maintenance tasks are completed on-time and to budget. Responsible for call out rota and to ensure adequate and safe cover at all times. You will need to have existing supervisory experience and be from a Refrigeration Engineering background.
- Supervise the team, being their daily point of contact, provide management support, guidance, training and development to colleagues to achieve a consistent and high level of customer service
- Provide technical support and training to Refrigeration Engineering and refrigeration cabinet cleaning staff
- Control staffing on a day to day basis including management of an “on-call” rota. ME to cover any on call gaps.
- Assist Field Support Manager with relevant HR processes including, completion of return to work forms; handling and reporting disciplinary incidents, holding performance review meetings and managing performance on a day to day basis for under-performing colleagues, scheduling holiday and absence cover, investigate, record and escalate any accidents or nears misses as directed by Health & Safety Policy
- Provide technical support as required, e.g. advice regarding major operational issues and provide assistance for major incidents
- Assist the team in delivering high quality PPM work
- Work with Field Support Manager to deal with and make safe all Health & Safety related issues in own area and that of engineers, report and escalate as necessary, including any matters relating to PPE
- Assist Field Support Manager with effective budgetary management of parts and material usage, reporting overspend and variances to budget
- Attend client and manager meetings on behalf of the Field Support Manager and provide general cover during periods of absence of the Field Support Manager
- Carry out site audits and ensure corrective actions are completed
You will be experienced in refrigeration engineer and have proven supermarket refrigeration experience.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- City & Guilds qualified in Refrigeration (or equivalent), including F-Gas
- Full UK driving licence is essential
- Ideally 17th Edition (desirable but not essential)
- Extensive post qualification experience, working on a mobile basis in chosen field
- Must have experience in an FM environment and have Refrigeration Engineering experience within Supermarkets.
- Possess the relevant technical skills and knowledge required to manage a fridge team.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence and use diplomacy with clients and colleagues
- Ability to supervise engineers in a pressurised environment dealing with store teams and members of the public
- Actively contributes to the team’s targets either individually or by supporting others
- Capable of prioritising a complex and demanding workload
In return for your hard work our client would offer you:
- £45,000 - £48,000 annual salary
- Company Vehicle
- Up to 4% discretionary bonus scheme, subject to achievement of targets
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme of matched contributions between 5% and 6%
- Life Assurance (as part of the Company Pension Scheme)