We are working with a national FM service provider that specialise in mechanical and electrical building services for various commercial and industrial market sectors.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a static facilities technician for one of their commercial sites in Wolverhampton.
The role will be entirely based at a single site, and the successful facilities technician will be responsible for the planned and reactive building services across the site.
Facilities Technician Duties:
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc)
- Monthly utilities meter readings
- First line response to reactive repairs
- Relamping of defective luminaries
- Minor building fabric repairs
- Minor decorating tasks
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Other general cleaning or janitorial duties as requested
- Supporting external landscaping and cleaning as required
- Adhoc porterage duties (Moves & changes, furniture management & moves, etc)
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
- Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
- C&G/NVQ in Carpentry/Plumbing/Electrical
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson or janitorial duties
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 (depending on skills and experience)
31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
Ongoing training and development
If you are interested in this Facilities Technician vacancy, please apply with your updated CV or for more information call Sion Evans on 0121 809 1999