Technical Service manager
Technical Service Manager
Reporting into the Engineering Operations Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for a technical service manager to work for a large Facility Management company based out of their Bristol office looking after the mobile division.
The Techncial Service Manager is a key role providing tactical operational leadership and direction within defined geographical boundaries within a specified the region. The main purpose is to ensure the effective operational day to day management of the engineering teams in line with company KPIs.
To interface with the Account Leads to ensure contractual SLA compliance and NOC to drive improvements in engineering productivity and delivery efficiencies and quality service. Responsible for and promote 100% Health & Safety and auditing compliance for your team.
Key responsibilities include ensuring all engineering performance activity within Mobile Engineering Services scope of responsibility are completed to agreed KPIs, service delivery quality standards whilst complaint with internal procedures and H&S legislation. Ensure adherence and 100% compliance to Account / Mobile Engineering KPI's & SLA's. Ensure all relevant people and operational processes are completed in line with company processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the daily activities of engineering operations of the assigned area.
- Formal management responsibilities for the allocated teams of engineers and supervisors; sets priorities for and coaches employees to meet daily deadlines.
- Utilise Cognito OPA and Maximo MI to identify and drive engineering performance improvements to exceed service delivery.
- Ensure that engineering teams are 100% compliant with H&S, requirements for audits, tool box talks, tools checks and calibration.
- Engage and coach supervisors in performance management and inspiring engineers to deliver excellence in line with KPIs, H&S and internal procedures.
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with others.
- Ensure monthly performance reviews are undertaken within the engineering teams, NOC and Accounts teams.
- Ensure completion of all mandatory training within your team.
- Inspire engineering teams to exceed performance KPIs and service delivery teams.
- Recognise, respect and reward the contributions and achievements of others.
- Drive and encourage development of self and others through learning and on the job experience.
- Work within and promotes Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a strong service orientation and awareness of the importance of delivering high standards of customer service.
- Understand company processes and business model and makes decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan.
- Support the implementation and adoption of our Management Information System: Maximo and Cognito and Darwin transformation supporting and inspiring team.
- Ensure that professional image of company is presented to the team, clients and visitors, and ensures excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Understand contract SLAs and KPIs and ensures that engineering teams deliver to these whilst ensuring best practice.
- Innovate management practices and processes to meet changing business or operational circumstances.
- Manage action plans to implement any improvement initiatives.
- Appropriately challenge superiors to utilise the whole team in a more effective, efficient and beneficial way if applicable.
- Support others and uses judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems.
- Lead teams with a 'drive for change' attitude and role models our Leadership Capabilities.
- Advise and support the Engineering Operations Manager.
- Build positive relationships with the team and stakeholders
- Communicate using appropriate styles, methods and timings
- Role model enthusiasm and energy about their work and encourages others to