Working for one of the world's leading Mechanical and Electrical / Facilities Management maintenance companies. Based in the UK they have a turnover of over £3.5 billion and employ a workforce in excess of 80,000 worldwide. With a presence in the FTSE 250, the company can offer excellent levels of job security, real and attainable career development and the chance to work on large blue chip clients buildings.
· Perform electrical maintenance to both plant equipment and building equipment
· Provide assistance to other maintenance personnel as and when required
· To work overtime as and when required including nights and weekends, notice will always be given
· Confidence to work frequently at height following all necessary health and safety procedures this requires a good level of fitness to access the required areas by ladders
· Writing and following risk and method statements is required on a daily basis
· To follow all company procedures including following all company health and safety requirements and the use of computer equipment for processing work task information
· To be able to complete electrical installations to the latest regulations within both an office and factory environment
· Completion of required documentation as specified in relevant standards and regulations
· Use competently computers and mobile phones to receive and record work information including hours worked on each work request
· To assist all trades within the facility and complete mechanical repairs when required with the correct supervision and training
· Perform maintenance on numerous client sites as workload demands
· To ensure that all work is undertaken within the job holder's own level of demonstrated competence
· Ad hoc duties as requested by your management team
· Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
· Work to an on-call rota 1 in 14 weeks.
· At least 2 year's relevant experience in the discipline area
· Previous experience of fault finding on equipment within an industrial environment, this will require experience of PLC's inverter drives and motors
· Must have been a registered Apprentice or undergone some equivalent method of training and have had adequate practical training in electrical installation work.
· Must have obtained an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work (or approved equivalent).
· An electrical testing certificate
· IEE Regulations - 17th Edition/18th Edition
· IPAF/CTA Card
· A mechanical qualification
· Regards personal and plant safety as priority
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual
· Ability to read schematic and circuit diagrams
· Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
· Willingness to undertake further training
· Willingness and ability to participate in task audits/near miss reporting/plant audits etc
· Takes responsibilities for own actions
If you are a fully qualified maintenance electrician and would like to apply for this role, please send your CV or call Jak Walsh on 01745 772218.