Commercial Gas Engineer
Commercial Gas Engineer - Stafford
You have the opportunity to work with one of the UK's market leading and fastest growing mechanical and electrical complete building services providers. They provide multiple M&E services inclusive of design, installation, service and maintenance to multiple clients, stretching across the food & beverage, education, commercial, retail, healthcare, industrial government and armed forces sectors.
The role they have available involves mobile service and maintenance around the Staffordshire area, inclusive of some sites throughout the West midlands. You will mainly be working on sites for the Ministry of Defence.
You will be carrying out a wide range of duties from Gas safety inspection & servicing to breakdown, repair and fault finding. There is also opportunity to work on small installation/boiler replacements and project works.
- To undertake gas and mechanical works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To actively undertake general proactive maintenance work (reactive works not yet identified by a client) identified on site.
- To undertake gas, electrical, mechanical, fabric PPM works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To undertake new installations, major and minor repair works and attend to breakdowns when required.
- To provide call out response for the clients as detailed on the call out rota.
- To work an amount of overtime to complete chargeable out of hours PPM and reactive works.
- To work as part of an engineering team.
- To undertake contractor control duties on behalf of the client, including monitoring of contractors and their workmanship, so that relevant standards are met.
- To take ownership and accountability for ensuring site log books and standards are kept to a high standard.
- To ensure equipment and surrounding area conform to agreed company standards.
- To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensure customer satisfaction
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs at all times.
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To ensure that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents / records are maintained accurately
Skills and Qualifications:
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in commercial gas with commercial gas tickets such as COCN1, CIGA1, CORt1 etc
- Electrical and / or mechanical experience would be advantageous. (17 th /18 th Edition, F-Gas etc)
- Having qualifications in more than one field is desirable.
- Clean Full UK Driving Licence
- Offered salary: £32K - £37K (depending on experience)
- 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Van, Fuel Card, PDA etc.
- Paid Travel Time
- Overtime opportunities
- Further training and development opportunities
If you are interested in this position apply with your most up-to-date CV or call Joe on 01745 772218