You have the opportunity to work for one of the UK's leading facilities management companies; a company that is recognised on a global scale for both hard and soft FM services. They work with multiple market sectors inclusive of defence, education, financial services, food manufacturing, retail, local authorities, hotels and leisure.
Position Overview - Fabric Technician
Our client is recruiting for their prestigious blue-chip financial sector contract. They are currently looking to recruit an on-site Fabric Technician at one of their prestigious sites in Leicester. The site consists of multiple data centres and office blocks.
The role of the Fabric Technician is to provide support to the Facilities Team in the response and resolution of a wide variety of reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks, delivering an effective Facilities Management operation.
- Monitoring, scheduling and completion of incoming reactive Ostara work order tasks within Service Level Agreement.
- Completion of Planned Preventative Maintenance within Service Level Agreement
- Weekly/Monthly Building Inspections and stock taking
- Assisting in the costing of maintenance works additional to contract specification.
- Maintain records for all tasks and activities conducted on site
- Daily two-way communication with Capacity Supervisor to establish status of all tasks
- Escorting of sub-contractors/visitors across site as required
- Issue of sub-contractor site inductions as required, ensuring submission of all Health & Safety Paperwork prior to works commencing (Incl Risk Assessment/Method Statement)
- Ensure Health & Safety is the highest priority at all times
- Good knowledge and experience of brickwork, blockwork, carpentry and ironmongery are essential.
- Previous experience in building maintenance or construction including: joinery, decorating and use of hand/power tools.
- Plumbing knowledge favoured and past experience desirable
- Previous experience of plastering and tiling desired but not essential
- Preferably time served on an active construction site or site works but not essential
- A good team player
- Ability to meet defined deadlines
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with customers, employees and teams at all levels.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- A high level of focus on the achievement of targeted results.
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge
- NVQ/C&G in Carpentry/Plumbing/Painting and Decorating/Building etc
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson or janitorial duties
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Keyboard skills and basic computer literacy
Fabric Technician Package
- Salary: £23,000 - £26,000
- 40 Hour Per Week
- Monday to Friday (8am - 5pm)
- Opportunities for further training
- Overtime opportunities
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Benefits
If you are interested in the fabric technician role please apply with your updated CV or Call Joe Campbell on 01745 772218 for more information