Business Improvement Manager
Our client is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. They are recruiting a Business Improvement Manager to work on a large goverment contract in the Berkshire area.
Working within a team across a Central Government and Defence business unit delivering operational efficiencies, service enhancements and quality improvements using LEAN, Change and transformation techniques. The role is a practitioner level role and is suitable for applicants with Lean and change experience. Given the nature of the business unit the role requires SC level security clearance as a minimum and this is to be arranged once onboard.
Training and development support will be provided.
The role is mobile covering the extent of the Berkshire contract locations. The ideal candidate would be located from the Berkshire/Oxfordshire/Reading areas.
- Working within a team delivering sustainable change using LEAN approaches and techniques
- Ability to build relationships with varying levels of stakeholders from operatives, to Senior Management
- To maintain the reporting process as set out in the Governance plan
- Assist in costing new and existing contracts
- Data collection, analysis and modelling to ascertain the correct and most efficient Improvements
- Confidence to present the new LEAN System design to Clients, Managers & Staff
- Reviewing LEAN processes to capture current and then future state once they have been installed
- Removal of wastes in all facilities and being able to quantify resulting savings
- Using the 3 phases Feasibility, Testing and Implementation being able to talk around each individual areas
- Test the Solution upon implementation and gauge all areas of the system
- Deliver Process Audits for LEAN activities
- Carry out project work as instructed by the Head of Business Improvement or nominated line manager or Senior Management Team
- Aid in the delivery of Improvement targets for the Business Unit
- Ensure effective communication channels are developed and maintained between all stakeholders.
- Review contracts with the Head of Business Improvement to improve productivity, profitability and reduce waste
- Identify additional services to increase the revenue generated by the accounts
- Work with Senior Management to resolve contractual queries or issues
- Work with account teams to ensure that stakeholders are aware of activity taking place on client sites
- Effectively manage key relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular – Head of Business Improvement, Head of Compliance, finance, purchasing and the Senior Management Team
What we are looking for
- Articulate, driven individuals looking to develop a career in LEAN Transformation
- Experience of LEAN applied in a defence environment
- SC level clearance will be required to be progressed
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage multi stream projects
- Commercially aware
- Understanding of budgets and finance
- Ability to work across the UK and abroad where required
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Numerate, with ability to analyse data, recognise trends and produce action plans
- Good people management skills with the ability to provide feedback and coaching for development
- Technical knowledge in following areas would be advantageous; Engineering, Cleaning operations, catering, Office Management and Security
- Sound market knowledge and understanding
If this Business Improvement Manager role is of interest, pelase call Kieran - 01745 77 22 18