HVAC Engineer - Cambridge
Working for a highly reputable East Midlands based national HVAC design, installation, service and maintenance provider with over 50 years within their industry. They work in a variety of sectors including industrial and commercial clients. They provide full mechanical service package from design and build to installation, service and maintenance they cover heating, plumbing, air conditioning and ventilation.
They are looking to recruit a mobile HVAC engineer to carry out service work, repair work and on occasions commissioning of heating, air conditioning and ventilation plant. This role is permanent covering various sites in the Midlands
Our client is looking for a multi-disciplined HVAC engineer who has experience of working on boilers, gas fired warm air heaters and radiant tube heaters, as well as a range of commercial HVAC equipment, air handlers, chiller units, chilled water plant, air conditioning split systems, air conditioning close control systems, rooftop package units.
Responsibilities of HVAC Engineer
- To undertake gas and mechanical works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To actively undertake general proactive maintenance work (reactive works not yet identified by a client) identified on site.
- To undertake HVAC and mechanical PPM works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To undertake new installations, major and minor repair works and attend to breakdowns when required.
- To provide callout response for the clients as detailed on the callout rota.
- To work an amount of overtime to complete chargeable out of hours PPM and reactive works.
- To work as part of an engineering team.
- To undertake contractor control duties on behalf of the client, including monitoring of contractors and their workmanship, so that relevant standards are met.
- To take ownership and accountability for ensuring site log books and standards are kept to a high standard.
- To ensure equipment and surrounding area conform to agreed company standards.
- To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensure customer satisfaction
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs at all times.
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
Essential Qualifications for HVAC Engineer
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in commercial gas with commercial gas tickets such as COCN1, CIGA1, CORt1 etc
- C&G F-gas
- Clean Full UK Driving Licence
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- NVQ level 2/3 in air conditioning
- Possessing qualifications in commercial catering would be advantageous. (Comcat1 etc)
- Electrical experience would be advantageous. (17th / 18th Edition, C&G electrical installation level 2/3 etc)
- Having qualifications in more than one field is desirable.
HVAC Engineer Package:
- Salary: £30K - £35K (Negotiable depending on experience)
- Working 40 Hours per week Monday - Friday
- Van, Fuel Card, PPE etc
If this role is of any interest please apply with your updated CV of call 01745 772218 and ask for Jak Walsh.