Our client a leading FM Service Provider who employ over 75000 employees world wide are now looking to recruit for a Facilities manager in the Cambridge area.
The FM will have overall responsibility and accountability for the day to day operation of a portfolio of commercial properties. The Facilities Manager is responsible for all activities within their portfolio and will oversee all services within the property whether directly delivered by the Operational team, National maintenance network or a retained Service partner. They will also be directly responsible for delivery of a number of services.
A pragmatic yet commercial approach to issue resolution is required to ensure excellent customer service levels are maintained at all times with the Facilities Manager recognising when an item is out with their ability to influence and engages with the appropriate party to ensure swift resolution.
The Facilities Manager will be empowered to take immediate action as issues arise and will have the authority to instigate rectification procedures where appropriate.
- Manage the portfolio of facilities within their area of responsibility, circa 8 - 12 buildings, to ensure they are aligned to the business unit operational processes and procedures, in line with the contractual obligations.
- Monitoring and effectively managing attendance, absence and Annual Leave (including joint co-ordination of annual leave across all sites) reporting to Management/HR as required.
- Undertaking recruitment, induction, training and development of staff in accordance with company HR policy and procedures. Applying performance management processes, training and multi-skilling opportunities for staff
- Clear understanding of the risk assessments process and inspection process for buildings (i.e. workplace assessment, fire, life, safety systems) in order to support the regional FM team
- Ensure defined QSHE responsibilities and accountability are established and regularly reviewed with all employees.
- To establish, maintain and develop effective professional working relationships with clients, Integrator, staff and other key stakeholders.
- Support, lead and motivate the teams within their portfolios.
- Ensure that the budget is adhered to and all levels of expenditure are within the set portfolio targets.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with all statutory requirements and corporate policies including, but not limited to, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, and Employment Legislation.
- Maintain the highest standards of presentation, personal integrity and customer support.
- Ensure service delivery in line with SLAs and KPIs
- Any additional task which would be deemed reasonable in line with the working environment.
- There may be occasions where you will be expected to attend sites out of normal working hours to either engage with staff or as part of an emergency recovery exercise.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of FM service delivery, across the entire Total Facilities Management spectrum, in a management position.
- Experienced in leading multi disciplinary, multi site teams.
- Experience in budgeting and analysis is required.
- Good communicator demonstrating influencing skills and an ability to adapt approaches to differing audiences.
- Solutions oriented, providing explanations and proposed resolutions to problems rather than purely identifying problems.
- Well organised, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage competing demands
- Continuously pursue high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities and learn from experience.
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and comfortable with numerical reasoning.
- Previous experience in an FM role, including experience of working with building services and cleaning and experience in provision of general office services
- NEBOSH Cert
- IOSH managing Safely
- BICs level 1/2
If this role is of any interest please apply with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218