We are looking to bring on board an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our team, covering the Cumbria region. You will be employed on work that is appropriate to their core and specialist skills. You will, however, be expected to have and acquire elements of other skills which will enable them to work flexibly across trades.
Suitable training may be given when required to ensure that they will be competent to achieve the skills and ability where required to perform the following (as detailed in responsibilities).
You'll be covering Cumbria in addition to: Carlisle, Workington and Penrith.
Key duties, though not exhaustive, are listed below;
- Provide a reactive and pro-active maintenance service as per project requirements to all operational equipment
- Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which covers electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Carry out modifications and installations when required
- Liaise with contractors or external suppliers where required and clearly communicate technical issues
- Perform general plumbing and drainage services to both plant equipment and building equipment
- Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators are met
- Maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Provide plumbing services to ensure the operation of all the water systems on site. This includes hot and cold water supplies and drainage
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation plant to optimise both reliability and maintainability
- Complete other duties as required and directed by the shift Maintenance Supervisor or members of the Management Team
- Flexibility in work hours to provide cover if required for holidays and sickness absence
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 qualification in relevant engineering maintenance field (or equivalent other qualification recognised by CITB/EITB/JIB)
- Appropriate up to date training to make use of relevant equipment/tools
- Certified in 17th Addition
- Fault diagnosis and resolution
- Experience in installing and maintaining mechanical and/or electrical equipment
- Ability to complete work as instructed
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Electrical Inspection & Testing (for electrical-bias roles)
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Engineering Maintenance (multi-discipline)
- Experience and capability to provide maintenance service in both mechanical and electrical disciplines
For more information please apply with CV FAO Sharon.