M & E Technical Service Manager (AP)
We are currently looking to recruit an M&E Technical AP, reporting to either Site Managers or possibly operating in a wider compliance role across the contract.
These roles will be working within the Service Delivery Team to ensure that statutory and regulatory authority inspections or maintenance tasks, reactive requirements as may result from any inspection or maintenance activity or reactive tasks or requirements are managed to the highest standards. The role may also be associated with the delivery of M&E project works at the sites requiring liaison with Contract project leads.
We are particularly seeking supervisors/technicians to support at the following sites/clusters:
All roles require SC security clearance and holding current SC clearance would be an advantage.
- Ensure that all day-to-day planned preventative maintenance activities of M&E maintenance is issued and completed in line with our contractual obligations.
- Supervising staff and/or subcontractors and monitor SSOW, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring for defined area of appointment that Asset Management Systems are being maintained for full compliance against Statutory and Regulatory Requirement tasks.
- Reviewing CAFM/PPM requirements against Customer Assets to ensure correct association of tasking schedules taking into account Asset Priority, usage and over-riding requirements such as Customer and UK Defence standards.
- Assisting the Maintenance Programming teams in updating CAFM systems for defined assets as described above.
- Where responsibilities involve progressing Reactive Maintenance task, ensuring that all tasks arising from help desk or as the result of PPM remedial tasks are being correctly processed and that a clear audit trail exists.
- Ensure that for all maintenance and inspections tasks that highlight an unsatisfactory condition are correctly processed in accordance with Contract Standards and asset priority, and that risk and/or liability to all stakeholders is being properly communicated.
- Implement Company policies on Health & Safety (H&S), Quality Assurance (QA), Sustainability & the Environment in conjunction with Contract based and also corporate support teams
- Implement and review dedicated procedures as required
- To work alongside and provide feedback to area based and Contract Compliance Support staff, other delivery teams, Site Managers, Area Managers and Commercial Manager as required.
- Liaison with the DIO & Customer Facilities Management personnel and end users as required discussing and validating service delivery.
- Produce performance reports as required
- Provide support, guidance and encouragement to staff in order to ensure their safe operational working within the USFP contract area
Holders of these roles will be required to undertake Authorised Persons Duties as required by JSP 375 Volume 3 and also possibly other technical compliance support roles or functions in accordance with the overall contract delivery or requirements at any location. Any such appointment will reflect candidate's background, qualifications and experience. We are seeking candidates who currently hold or have previously held AP responsibilities. Current AP responsibilities held at any of the above sites or similar Defence Establishments would be an advantage.
About the Candidate:
- Technical Training & Background associated with the role. It is likely that such persons will have operated in similar roles or functions within as Services or Facilities Management Organisation.
- Excellent Understanding of CAFM (Computer Aided Computer Facilities Management Systems) and associated reporting systems
- IT literate with working knowledge of MS Office and other associated applications such as Project
- Thorough understanding of the wide range of statutory requirements and standards that relate to facilities management.
- A good understanding of the varied and complex infrastructure on the MOD estate including Airfields, secure facilities, fuel storage systems, HV & LV distribution systems hazardous areas etc as this may reflect the specific roles.
- Understanding of MOD Standards such as Joint Service Publications and Practitioner Guides as these relate to Maintenance and inspection standards on the MOD estate.
- Will have or be willing to gain suitable H&S qualification to CITB or IOSH standard or willing to gain suitable H&S qualification to CITB or IOSH standard
If this role is of any interest please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218