Responsible to the Commercial Manager to provide total quantity surveying and estimating support to the Engineering and Support Team in the Falkland Islands.
- To ensure the full and proper implementation of the Company's Procedures;
- To generate/maintain relevant records, accurate filing and support for all commercial functions;
- To prepare and assist tender board report production identifying the basis pricing information, resources and other mitigating factors in order that the Company may make judgement on the profitability and risk associated with works, before submitting an offer to our Client.
- Prepare and assist Firm Price production using Schedule of Rates build ups for multiple works throughout the year.
- To prepare and assist in estimates and budgets from our Client's statement of requirements (SOR's) using our estimating software "Global" or by liaising with our Supply Chain partners.
- To prepare tender and associated subcontract documentation ensuring that tenders are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures to provide transparency to the Client or audit Team.
- To provide a contract surveying function to collate all variations for compiling a projected final account summary and prepare final account.
- To prepare material variance reports to check accuracy of estimates, shortfalls or excessive material orders.
- To review Lump Sum offers against our actual costs by extracting from our business management system "Maximo" database to reveal "open-book" to our Client.
- To monitor sub-contractor performance in consultation with the project managers
- To participate in the recording of delays & preparation of any request for extensions of time;
- To attend meetings with other stakeholders (if so delegated to do);
- Supervision of work as required by the Commercial Manager
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking measurements/estimating against a schedule of rates in a facilities management or construction environment.
- Experience of working on and in a MoD environment overseas is (desirable).
- Experience of working on a live project, undertaking measurement and valuation functions;
- Experience of managing low risk sub-contractors;
- Previous experience of working with Schedule of Rates desirable.
- Experience of processing subcontract payments;
- Experience of Client liaison on contract and financial matters
- Experience of procurement strategy implementation and review to deliver demonstrable value for money (VFM).
- Experience of producing variations and final account/claims.
- Experience of stores/stock management exposure and understanding of the issues.
- Knowledge and experience of overseas shipping and logistics management desirable.
- Must have excellent IT skills in: Excel; Microsoft Project; Word; Outlook; packaged estimating software. Knowledge and experience of using Maximo and PCT desirable
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 aware
- H&S and CDM Regulations aware
- Experience on Maximo Operating Systems
- Working Knowledge of MOD JSP's, DMG's and similar standards
- Must be capable of passing a Company Medical and be declared fit to work in the Falkland Islands.
- Adapt at understanding construction drawings and able to measure and take off accurately;
- Understanding of the inter-relationship between bills, specifications and drawings;
- Understanding the importance of Company Procedures;
- Understanding of construction contracts in relation to projects and of the relevance of sub contract terms and conditions;
The client will pay a salary, 2 x monthly site allowance and a bonus at the 12 th month. Hours of work are 45 per week. The contract duration is permanent, unaccompanied with 33 days leave excluding weekends. Air/sea transport for agreed holiday periods will be at Company's expense. Free accommodation, meals at mess and work clothing will be provided. Tax free status on island.
- Falkland Islands (FIQQ 1ZZ)
- Full Time
- Notice period 2 months
- Hours worked per week - 45 hrs
- 33 days leave excluding weekends. There will also be an entitlement to the Falklands Island Bank Holidays.
- Length of tour = Permanent
- Site allowance: 5% paid twice monthly
- Tour bonus: 10%
- Compliance requirements - BPSS Security
If this role is of any interest please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218