Commercial Gas Engineer
Commercial Gas Engineer - East Midlands
Our client is a national provider for facilities management and possesses 30 years' experience providing dynamic building services, specialising in HVAC maintenance and projects to customers across the UK.
The role will covering between Derby and Northampton covering as a mobile commercial gas engineer. You will be carrying out a wide range of duties from Gas safety inspection & servicing to breakdown, repair and fault finding. There is also opportunity to work on small installation/boiler replacements and project works.
The mobile Commercial Gas engineering role is a front line customer facing team with the responsibility of dealing high end maintenance in line with company policy and provides an active communication channel on work being carried out with parties involved. The role will be responsible for delivering the Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Works on commercial heating systems.
Commercial Gas Engineer Responsibilities:
- To undertake gas, mechanical, fabric reactive works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To actively undertake general proactive maintenance work (reactive works not yet identified by a client) identified on site.
- To undertake gas, electrical, mechanical, fabric PPM works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To undertake new installations, major and minor repair works and attend to breakdowns when required.
- To complete repairs / breakdowns in plumbing blocked toilets, minor leaks etc. joinery, door furniture and other works where required.
- To provide call out response for the clients as detailed on the call out rota.
- To work an amount of overtime to complete chargeable out of hours PPM and reactive works.
- To work as part of an engineering team.
- To undertake contractor control duties on behalf of the client, including monitoring of contractors and their workmanship, so that relevant standards are met.
- To take ownership and accountability for ensuring site log books and standards are kept to a high standard.
- To ensure equipment and surrounding area conform to agreed company standards.
- To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensure customer satisfaction
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs at all times.
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To ensure that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents / records are maintained accurately
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in commercial gas with commercial gas tickets such as COCN1, CIGA1, CORT1 etc
- Electrical and / or mechanical experience would be advantageous. (17th Edition, FGas etc)
- Having qualifications in more than one field is desirable.
- Clean Full UK Driving Licence
Commercial Gas Engineer Package:
- Working 40 Hours per week (Mon - Friday)
- Offered salary: £33K - £36k
- Paid travel time after ½ hour each way
- Van, Fuel Card etc
- Overtime rate of time and a half after 9.5 hours
If you are a fully qualified commercial gas engineer and you are interested in the role please apply with your updated CV or call Joe Campbell on 01745 772218