An exciting opportuinity to work in one of the largest data centres in Europe has come and are looking for an critical engineer to join their large team of 24 working on a continental shift pattern.
Must have experience in a Data Centre as data centre maintenance engineer/critical engineer/electrical/building service engineer and have HV experience or qualification
As a critical Engineer/data centre maintenance engineer, you will provide the technical support that is required for monitoring, servicing, maintenance and fault-finding on critical data infrastructure and associated equipment. You will ensure a reliable and effective service delivery that meets (and exceeds) our customers’ expectations and will work to industry highest standards. Work with third party vendors who maintain chilled water, air conditioning, ventilating and other mechanical and electrical equipment, although you will perform some preventative maintenance on your own as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct planned and reactive maintenance on the building services infrastructure utilizing CMMS systems in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Conduct routine plant inspections / site checks and monitor the Building Management System, responding to issues/ anomalies / alarms found and ensuring that appropriate action is taken.
- Identify any non-compliant areas /faulty equipment and take corrective actions to address these within required timescales.
- Provide first line response to all building services infrastructure on site, escalating as necessary and calling out third party contractors where specialist knowledge/skills are required.
- Assisting, as necessary, with scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Ensure that all works are carried out using a Safe System of Work with the use of an approved change management, risk assessment and method operating procedures. All works to be to industry best practice and meeting statutory compliance as required.
- To assist in the issuing of permits and take responsibility for ensuring all sub-contractors working on site are supervised to work within the agreed limitations.
- Ensure the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment is utilized by all engineers and all sub-contractors on site.
- Assist in the purchasing of critical spare parts and supplies as necessary as per the approval process and work to ensure that use of critical spares is tracked and stock maintained and updated.
Qualifications and knowledge:
- Recognised formal Electrical training (City and Guilds etc.)
- Knowledge of operation of critical building infrastructure (eg electrical, mechanical and fabric)
- Security Cleared to BS7858
- AP15 course (within 12 months)
- Working as a Building Service Engineer in a critical environment
- Team working
- Undertaking multi-discipline engineering tasks
If you would like the opportunity to work as as a critical engineer working on a continental pattern apply with CV or contact Kirsty at HVAC