Working for one of the UK's leading and best known Facilities Management companies. As a company they turnover excess of £3billion and are well placed in the FTSE 250. They are able to offer long term job security and a clear career path if desired.
Our client has won a new five-year contract worth £90 million to provide total facilities management services
The Technical Manager will assist the Asset management Team, the Operational Teams, and the NSC in ensuring Statutory Compliance is achieved across the entire contract, providing compliance assurance to senior management and technical assistance to the contract team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a high level of statutory compliance and provide support to ensure all relevant KPI targets are met
- Undertake internal technical and statutory audits to ensure statutory compliance is in line with technical and health and safety legislative regulations and contractual obligations.
- Prepare technical reports with recommendations and guidance for corrective/preventive actions leading to continual improvement in the M&E service delivery and statutory compliance.
- Provide specialist technical support to responsible persons in managing compliance issues e.g. statutory certification, remedial works and documentation control.
- Provide specialist technical expertise to Authorised Persons to ensure safe systems of work are maintained and operated effectively.
- Support the regional teams in provision of solutions to technical problems and concerns. E.g. Water Risk Assessment's, Fire Risk Assessment remedial actions/management, mentoring and development of all technical staff supporting maintenance activities.
- Support the Operational teams in the correct and successful delivery of Statutory and mandatory PPMs, any associated corrective maintenance works and by providing suitable level of user friendly technical information to assist them in their role.
- Support the Operational teams in identifying technical risk. Demonstrate ownership to ensure that the risks are recorded, mitigated and auctioned as appropriate by appointed and competent persons and suitable documentation is maintained at all times.
- Proactive development of innovative technical solutions throughout the portfolio, sharing best practice across contracts.
- To assist in developing and implementing an effective asset life management system from data gained from statutory and mandatory inspections and tests.
- To assist with the implementation of an effective statutory compliance document control system across the contract portfolio. This will include the maintenance and auditing of site log books.
- To fully support, and meet all company environmental and quality requirements.
- To control and operate within a client driven budget.
- To help deliver an effective maintenance audit regime.
- May be required to hold Authorised Persons roles depending on experience and training.
- To comply fully with all current UK and European Health & Safety Environmental Legislation.
- To comply fully with all Safe Systems of Work, Standards, Policies & Procedures.
- Preparation of client and internal reports and audits.
- Delivery of training and awareness to technical and non-technical staff as necessary or instructed.
- Attend client meetings as necessary.
- Active monitoring and rectification time in line with KPI and performance levels.
- Provide a monthly report to your line manager on statutory compliance performance for the Contract portfolio in your given area.
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes required
- Experience in computerised PPM schedules and CAFM systems (Maximo preferred).
- Experience of the co-ordination of all maintenance in relation to the Building Services including building fabric and structure using internal and external resources.
- Good knowledge and experience of Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality systems
- Good presentation, influencing and motivation skills, with experience of managing multi-skilled engineering teams
- Experience in Life Cycle Planning/Costing
- Experience in successfully managing both in-house and sub-contractors within agreed financial and time constraints.
- Experience in minor design and preparation of as fitted drawings.
- Excellent knowledge of statutory compliance and current legislation, regu