Commercial Gas Engineer
Commercial Gas Engineer - Peterborough
You have the opportunity to work with a leading Shropshire based commercial Facilities management and building services provider. They operate in various commercial sectors such as the education sector, hotel groups, hospitality sector and blue-chip retailers and supermarkets. They are looking to recruit permanent mobile commercial gas engineer to cover commercial contracts across the Midlands.
The role they have available involves mobile service and maintenance around the Peterborough area, covering various contracts in the hospitality, retail and leisure sectors inclusive of well-known household blue-chip companies.
As a commercial gas engineer you will be carrying out a wide range of duties from Gas safety inspection & servicing to breakdown, repair and fault finding. There is also opportunity to work on small installation/boiler replacements and project works.
Commercial Gas Engineer Responsibilities:
- To undertake gas and mechanical works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To actively undertake general proactive maintenance work (reactive works not yet identified by a client) identified on site.
- To undertake gas, electrical, mechanical, fabric PPM works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To undertake new installations, major and minor repair works and attend to breakdowns when required.
- To provide call out response for the clients as detailed on the call out rota.
- To work an amount of overtime to complete chargeable out of hours PPM and reactive works.
- To work as part of an engineering team.
- To undertake contractor control duties on behalf of the client, including monitoring of contractors and their workmanship, so that relevant standards are met.
- To take ownership and accountability for ensuring site log books and standards are kept to a high standard.
- To ensure equipment and surrounding area conform to agreed company standards.
- To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensure customer satisfaction
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs at all times.
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To ensure that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents / records are maintained accurately
Skills and Qualifications:
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in commercial gas with commercial gas tickets such as COCN1, CIGA1, CORt1 etc
- C&G/NVQ Plumbing level 3
- Commercial Catering Qualification (desirable)
- Electrical and / or mechanical experience would be advantageous. (17 th /18 th Edition, F-Gas etc)
- Clean Full UK Driving Licence
Commercial Gas Engineer Package
- Offered Pay: £15 - £16.50 per hour (depending on experience)
- Weekly pay
- 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Van, Fuel Card, PDA etc.
- Paid Travel Time Door to Door
- Overtime opportunities
- 1 in 3 call out
- Over time rate of 1.5x kicks in at 7pm daily.
- Weekends and bank holidays are 1.5x
- Further training and development opportunities
If you are a commercial gas engineer and you ar interested in this position please apply with your most up-to-date CV or call Joe on 01745 772218
||Permanent Part Time
||£16-20 pre hour
||13th February 2019