Commercial Gas Engineer
THIS ROLE IS INITIALLY A TEMPORARY POSITION UNTIL CHRISTMAS POSSIBLY LONGER
Our client who are one of the Nations largest Facilities Maintenance companies is the UK market are looking to recruit temporary Commercial Gas Engineers in the Fife area of East Scotland.
- Ensure that all routine maintenance and reactive works are carried out in line with manufacturer instructions. All current standards, industry best practice and regulations to be adhered to, to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure all paperwork produced is clear, concise and complies with current legislation and best practice.
- Assisting with and participating in the 'Call out System'. On call operative must be contactable 24hrs/day when on call.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- Attend site and carry out reactive repairs, when required as instructed by the helpdesk team.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out plant maintenance and that current purchase order processes are followed.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in accordance with Operations Manager, instructions.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as customer site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of Protech staff and customer's staff.
- Ensure a professional image of the company is presented to customers and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Wide range of gas maintenance and repair work
- Minimum of five years post apprenticeship qualification experience
- Gas qualified engineer - CPA1 - combustion performance analysis
- Commercial and Domestic ACS Gas certification (Valid) (Essential)
Additional requirements of the job:
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Flexible approach to working hours
- The ability to safely lift and carry a range of materials and equipment
- Competent to work at heights from steps, scaffolds and mobile elevating work platforms
- £15.38 p/h
- 40 hours per week
- Travelling costs paid after the first 30 minutes each way (Door to door while on call)
- On call 1 in 5 (£100 on call premium)
Should this role be of any interest at all please apply online or call Jamie on 01745 772218