Quantity Surveyor (Construction Projects)
Quantity Surveyor (Construction) Midlands
£42 - £50k
We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to support commercial aspects of project delivery within the Support Services business. Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor the Quantity Surveyor will support project teams ensuring the provision of the cost effective resource models utilising both internal resource teams and external consultants.
The role requires UK wide travel with the ideal candidate based in the Midlands or between London and the Midlands.
The successful candidate will need to undertake security clearance checks. Security Clearance is a mandatory requirement for this role.
- Review account project expenditure and maximise income to achieve or exceed budgeted financial performance.
- Lead / support the production of budgets, forecasts and monthly CVR's, through identification of risks and opportunities, contract variations, and additional works revenues.
- Support accounts with monitoring income recovery and instigate action to ensure prompt payment of invoices, minimising WIP and debt.
- Understanding the Contract, ensuring that the contract teams (both operational and commercial team) properly identify and price contract project proposals and variations.
- Proposals - Lead on the valuation, tendering and submission of contract variations, maximising both revenue and profit margin.
- Carry out commercial/financial duties as required, which includes estimating, procurement of contracts, cost reporting and working with the operational team in ensuring that the contracts are administered properly and that financial targets are met through cost effective management.
- Risk Management and compliance
- Assess, record and advise managers on risks and opportunities that may influence the financial and operational outcome of a project.
- Create and maintain commercial risk polices and through robust governance ensure compliance.
- Review of contract terms and conditions for any new business opportunities and contract retenders identifying any key commercial risks and preparing a legal summary as part of tender sign-off process.
- Ensuring that supply chain partners provide best value, and contract on robust terms and conditions and SLAs.
- Ensuring that suitable controls for supply chain expenditure are in place.
- Ensuring that the client is notified of any key changes to material or strategic subcontractors.
- Performance management and resolution of issues and disputes with supply chain.
- Contractual Performance and Commercial Services reporting.
- Act as the key focal point for all project commercial issues with the client; achieving successful outcomes to commercial matters whilst engaging in a constructive and collaborative manner with the client to:
- Support Client initiatives and projects.
- Resolve contractual issues and disputes.
- Ensure a clear, mutual understanding of the contractual requirements is established.
- Ensure the timely provision of client commercial reports, including contract variations.
- Demonstrate a clear and effective alignment with the operational objectives and the commercial interests of IFM
- Provide training to the projects community, to establish and maintain a strong understanding of the contract obligations, risks and opportunities, and commercial processes.
- Provide ad hoc support and expertise on commercial matters as required.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of contract law and demonstrable knowledge of NEC3 & JCT forms of contract
- Mobile and available to travel between sites
- Evaluating variations to contract
- Subcontract and Project Work tendering
- Vendor Appraisal
- Financial acumen
- Analytical ability
- Good IT skills, including the ability to analyse, interpret & manipulate data
- Excellent negotiating skills
- A high level of commercial awareness including knowledge of current contract legislation
- Experience of undertaking commercial & contractual reviews and the preparation of commercial and contractual summaries
- Expert in the application of payment mechanisms