M&E Maintenance Engineer
M&E Maintenance Engineer
Static Site - Reading
£34,000-36,000 + overtime
Monday to Friday, 07:00-16:00 OR 10:00-19:00
Our client is looking for an M&E Engineer to work on a large static commercial office site in the heart of Reading. The client are a large FM company with a massive portfolio of clients across the country and offer plenty of training and progression.
Principle Accountabilities - Work in partnership with all members of the team to ensure completion of all maintenance activities measured against the Service Level Agreement, the role is aligned with the client's business needs , to include the following:
- Provide technical service and support. Carry out repairs and routine maintenance to building services and fabric within the agreed service levels.
- Monitor & maintain the BMS system by interrogation and acknowledgement of alarms
- Prepare risk assessments
- Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements
- To support the Contract Supervisor in prepare specifications, estimates and quotes for additional works coupled with the control of minor works and sub contractors including the issue of permits.
- COSHH control.
- Participate in the continuous development of the customer service culture by appropriate communication with the customer
- Promote the one team culture by good teamwork with colleagues and subcontractors.
- Encourage best practice by identifying fault trends and causes using the continuous review process to implement change.
- Maintain AP or CP status in relevant Mechanical, Electrical , Confined Space or Water disciplines
- As a minimum all electrically competent staff will be required to certified as Authorised Person low voltage
- Support the operation in Fire Alarm testing and isolation of systems
- Ensure compliance with the l Energy and Environmental policies and implement energy-efficient maintenance practices.
- Deliver continuous improvement by employing best practice and innovative solutions.
- To maintain accurate maintenance records and plant history
Qualifications and Experience:
- Both City & Guilds 236 Part 1&2 and City & Guilds 17th Edition
- 2391 qualified or alternatively NVQ level 3 in heating and ventilation
- the successful candidate should have experience of working on Electrical or Mechanical equipment within a Building Services environment this includes; Boilers, AHU's, VAV's, Chilling/Air Conditioning, Water Services including Cooling Towers, Lighting systems, Fire Alarm Systems including wet systems, Power distribution and Building Management Systems.
If this role as a M&E Maintenance Engineer is of interest and you and you are electrically qualified please call HVAC Recruitment on 0208 0926500 and ask for Josh, alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org