Support the General Manager and Service managers by owning and delivering of HSE Plans which ensures the contract is fully compliant. Support improvement in Quality and Safety culture conducive to the achievement of the contract aims while Working closely with the Client, SPV and company management to develop local process and procedure and then implement good compliance management practices, advising on complex operational matters, coaching and mentoring to enhance HSE performance
- Support the General Manager by creating, delivering and monitoring of HSE plans which underpins the HSE strategy and supports the achievement of operational objectives
- Lead your team in line with HR process and consistent alignment to our core vision and values
- Build and develop effective, collaborative working relationships with stakeholders as per the key stake holder mapping process in order to influence the local people HSE agenda and activities.
- Work with General Manager to ensure the development of the behavioural safety culture within our company, and to develop a motivational and rewarding working environment that will facilitate the achievement of business tactical objectives.
- Facilitate and deliver HSE calendar events into the business ensuring robustness and consistency and continuous improvement e.g IIF road shows, Managers updates, IOSH training etc.
- Identify mid to long term training needs and priorities, coaching managers to identify training requirements from individual PADPs and feeding into the corporate Training Needs Analysis and Training Plan development.
- Manage Master Audit Programme for the contract to monitor compliance and ensure external accreditation requirements are being maintained.
- Champion the use of HSE IMS and mentor managers to enable them to maintain compliance - identifying trends and delivering initiatives and interventions to bring about compliance performance improvements.
- Coach and mentor the line management population in the application of HSE policy and practice.
- Where appropriate, support line managers with the management of complex/high risk HSE issues / concerns through advice and coaching, ensuring approach is pragmatic and within an acceptable level of business risk.
- Provide HSE support with high risk activities to provide a cost effective, customer focussed solution to deliver the required performance criteria.
- Support the local implementation of HSE cultural change initiatives and embed organisational values and behaviours in the contracts.
- Work with other HSE Advisers to share best practice and raise HSE policy/practice issues. Ensure the Regional HSE Adviser receives detailed monthly reports to inform the shaping of HSE strategy, policy and product development.
- Drive the delivery of core HSE processes into the contracts: Support the General Manager in monitoring of HSE compliance levels.
- Support and encourage positive employee communication processes with emphasis on engagement and communication at all levels. Build constructive working relationships locally with Site Safety Representatives, Trade Union Safety Representatives, leading or supporting local meetings when required.
- Authority to develop contract HSE plan, goals and objectives for their assigned service deliver area.
- Recommends recruitment and training requirements for personnel within assigned contract.
- Manages major accident, incident investigations within assigned contract.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- NVQ Level 4 in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Experience of operating in a complex, commercial, multi-divisional organisation.
- Quality Assurance experience.
- Environmental Management experience.
- Demonstrable track record of devising and implementing successful HSE compliant contracts with bottom line contribution.
- Solid and up to date knowledge of practical HSE principles and practices as well as HSE legislation.
- Track record of operating as an HSE Generalist, ideally with good business partnering experience.
- In depth knowledge of statutory compliance.
- Previous experience of working within an FM organisation.
- Detailed understanding of preferably all aspects of HSE Management system.
- Excellent Basic annual salary
- 10% performance related bonus
- Car or car allowance
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Great pension contribution
If this role would be of any interest please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218