You have the opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading facilities management companies; a company that is recognised on a global scale for both hard and soft FM services. They work with multiple market sectors inclusive of defence, education, financial services, food manufacturing, retail, local authorities, hotels and leisure.
The maintenance electrician will provide electrical and building services engineering maintenance to a variety of client properties throughout the designated region. This will include electrical bias fault finding, repairs, maintenance and installation.
This is a mobile role covering the Northamptonshire and Peterborough area; mainly focusing on sites within the NN and PE post codes.
- Responsibility for electrical PPM, proactive and reactive works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are exceeded.
- Responsibility for other types of building services maintenance to include fabric, HVAC, mechanical and related tasks.
- To provide callout response for the client as detailed on the callout rota.
- To undertake contractor control duties on behalf of the client, including monitoring of contractors and their workmanship, so that relevant standards are met. Issue of Permits to Work.
- Ensure that all electrical equipment within scope operates to specified performance criteria.
- Ensure equipment and surrounding area conforms to agreed company standards.
- To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensures customer satisfaction.
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs at all times.
- To ensure that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents / records are maintained accurately.
- Ensuring compliance with H&S regulations, risk assessment, COSHH etc.
- Suggest improvements and innovations to improve the service provided.
Maintenance Electrician Qualifications:
- Role is Electrical Bias so applicants must have the following electrical qualifications:
- City & Guilds 2230 Level 3 OR NVQ 2356 / 2357 OR City and Guilds 2330 Level 3 in Electrical Installation OR AM1 and AM2
- City & Guilds 17th/18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
In addition to the above mandatory requirements applicants who have served a recognised apprenticeship and have the following will be preferred:-
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualification in Inspection & Testing (2394/5)
- JIB Accredited.
- IPAF / PASMA
- Full UK Driving License.
- Significant experience in providing electrical building services maintenance to include fault finding, maintenance, installation and inspection/testing.
- Significant previous experience in providing reactive and PPM building services maintenance.
- Experience of working within FM or building services within commercial properties.
- Experience of working under strict Health & Safety procedures including risk assessments and method statements.
Maintenance Electrician Package
- Salary Package: £27K - £31K
- Company vehicle, PDA, tools etc.
- Paid travel time
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity for further trainibng
- Overtime opportunities
If you are a fully qualified level 3 electrician, and you are interested in this maintennace electrican role please apply with your updated CV or call Joe Campbell or Ben Harrison on 01745 772218