Commercial Gas Engineer
ENGIE have joined forces with HVAC FM Recruitment to lead a large recruitment drive for fantastic opportunities to work on the US Air Force bases in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Market leader in the development and deployment of facility management and energy service, ENGIE delivers international soft and hard Facility Management (FM) solutions to its clients.
We are recruiting for a Commercial Gas Engineer for various commercial buildings within RAF Lakenheath. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week.
The Commercial Gas Engineer role will be primarily maintenance and emergency response reactive repairs plus minor repair work.
- Ensure all assets are maintained in accordance with the O&M Manuals
- Assist in supervising contractors and sub-contractors and ensure compliance with all statutory obligations
- Ensure that all reactive calls are closed out in line with our contractual time scales
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation and company policy (Fire Regulations, COSHH, Safe Working Practices, PPE, etc)
- Ensure all gas distribution systems and functional and operational within design parameters and carry out reactive repairs within agreed response and rectification time frames
- Ensure energy efficiencies are controlled and maintained
- Keep all plant rooms/M&E rooms/services enclosures clean, tidy, safe and secure
- Undertake any ad-hoc duties that may be necessary during your working shift
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work within
- Participate in standby call-out rota for emergency calls outside of normal workings hours
- Provision of job feedback information to support helpdesk and M&E Supervisor
- Respond to customer needs and build a rapport to support the professionalism of the company
Experience and Skills
- Gas Safe, LPG gas competence, domestic and commercial gas boilers
- Previous experience of gas systems and or multi-discipline maintenance
- Experience and competence in health and safety legislation
- Regards personal and plant safety as priority
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual
- Ability to read schematic and circuit diagrams
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer-based systems
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Willingness and ability to participate in task audits/near miss reporting/plant audits etc
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Keenness to pro-actively improve housekeeping
- Remains calm under pressure and has the confidence of their colleagues and can communicate effectively at all levels
- Confident in making decisions and will follow up their decisions with action to achieve objectives
- Capable of working well under pressure with minimum supervision
- Have a flexible approach to work, with excellent communication
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
- Continuously pursue high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities and learn from experience
This role will include emergency response and repair to critical equipment and will be client forward facing, the candidate will need to have good experience and excellent communication skills to ensure all operational and contractual obligations are adhered to mitigate risk to ENGIE.
We are looking for a confident, experienced a driven individual with an experienced background, good planning and organisational skills
- Builds working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Works with colleagues to achieve team goals
- Notices when colleagues need help and provide support where necessary.
- Takes part and contributes positively to team meetings.
- Comes up with ideas and solutions to improve how things are done.
- Offers possible solutions to potential problems.
- Takes personal pride in providing a quality service to customers (either internal or external) to achieve targets.
- Takes ownership of customer requests and issues and sees them through to conclusion on behalf of th