Air Conditioning Lead Engineer
Air Conditioning Lead Engineer
You have the opportunity to start working for a Lancashire based national facilities management provider operating on various HVAC contracts across the UK. This company specialises in providing both mechanical and electrical building services to various commercial clients.
Our client is currently recruiting for an Air Conditioning Lead Engineer in the Warwickshire or Worcestershire area to support with the delivery of M&E services across multiple commercial contracts. The role will be based around a variety of commercial contracts covering hotel groups, universities, care homes, pubs and various single and multi-commercial sites across the Midlands
Lead Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise a team of service engineers across multiple contracts
- Be the 1 st point of call between client and contract manager and contract manager and the engineering team
- Carry out services, fault-finding and breakdown repairs on commercial air conditioning systems
- Carry out installation work on Air Conditioning Systems as per drawings and requirements of the business
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company's PPM and task schedules
- Undertake PPM activity in a quality, professional manner.
- Production of technical and situational reports as required
- Proactively use the technology systems given to you so that the Company can be compliant with its contractual obligations at all times
- Carry out the works requested in a professional and proactive manner at all times
- To communicate clearly and effectively with the rest of the team and clients at all times
- Participation in the call out rota
- Writing activity reports in line with Company procedures accurately and timely
- Proactively assisting the management team to produce quotations by giving accurate and good quality information where extra works are identified
- Attending team meetings/briefings as requested at all times
- Provide resident site cover for holiday and sickness as required in order for the Company to fulfil its contractual obligations. This may be at very short notice
- To escalate any major site issues or incidents to your line manager asap once noticed
- To manage sub-contractors whilst working on site
- Undertake reactive maintenance works as directed by the Help Desk and/or management team
- Actively participate in the health and safety processes required under the Company policies and procedures on portfolio including, but not limited to, accident investigation, reporting, risk assessments and auditing
- Understand and be aware of the requirements of all relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality legislation and are equally aware of their own roles and responsibilities within the company.
Lead Engineer Skills / Experience
- Previous experience in a lead engineer or supervisory role will be beneficial
- Ideally the successful candidate will be a multi-disciplined Engineer (Air Conditioning with good Electrical/Plumbing knowledge of building services)
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with boilers, heating systems, air handling systems, motors, pumps, HVAC
- Chiller knowledge would be beneficial
- An additional trade qualification would be beneficial. (C&G F-gas/ NVQ Plumbing)
- Experience of working in a high-end client environment in which he/she has regular face to face engagement with building managers will be an advantage.
- Record keeping and filing of works records would also be a pre-requisite.
Qualifications / Skills
- Must have completed a recognised time served Air conditioning apprenticeship
- C&G 2078 Safe Handling of refrigerants
- C&G 2079 F-Gas
- IPAF & PASMA trained
- Excellent Building services experience
- 17th Edition Electrical Regulations desirable but not essential
- ACS Commercial Gas desirable but not essential
- C&G/NVQ in Plumbing desirable but not essential
Lead Engineer Package
- Salary: £16 - £18 per hour (Negotiable dependent on experience)
- Company vehicle, fuel card, pda etc.
- Overtime opportunities
- Paid travel time
- Company Pension
If you are an experienced air conditioning engineer and you are interested in the position please apply with your CV or call Joe on 01745 772218