Assistant Estates Manager Water Services
We have a vacancy for an Assistant Estates Manager, the role has specific responsibility for the Water management of a large site based in Edgbaston for our client who are a large well know FM Service provider.
The role is responsible for the provision and deliver a high-quality maintenance service. With specific responsibility for all Water Management systems and compliance documentation. The role will also include assisting in the operation, repair and maintenance of building fabric and engineering services while working within a multi-disciplinary hard service team environment.
- Directly accountable for day to day management of the Water Management system in line with HTM's and L8. Creation and upkeep of Water Management Procedures, log books and manuals in line with HTM's and L8. Ensuring maintenance records and documentation are up to date and available for inspection at all times.
- Ensuring the Water Risk Assessment is up to date and reviewed as required by HTM's and L8.
- Working with the Projects, Lifecycle and Operational Teams to identify charges of use or to the water systems and review of Water Risk Assessment and testing.
- Ensuring Inspection monitoring and maintenance activities are assessed to ensure that they do not create a hazard for those who undertake the work or for those who could be affected.
- Reviewing results of monitoring and testing and creation action plans following unsatisfactory results.
- Assessing and implementing the degree and frequency of maintenance and monitoring as required by the Water Risk Assessment.
- Ensure the provision of adequately trained and supervised manpower.
- Monitoring of the quality of the work carried out to ensure that it is consistently acceptable;
- The implementation of financial control procedures.
- Ensure that an accurate record of all assets relating to the hot and cold water distribution systems is set up and regularly maintained. They must also ensure that records of all maintenance, inspection and testing activities are kept up-to-date and properly stored.
- Assist the Technical Services Managers undertake negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers to provide a cost effective service with reference to the contract SLA's.
- Responsible for specific elements of budgetary control and give additional assistance with financial controls with reference to departmental budgetary control, stock, contracts etc.
- Carry out inspections and audits of both in house and 3 rd party staff to ensure compliance with Contract Requirements, in a timely manner, to the required standard and documented correctly.
- Managing and resolving incidents of non-compliance with Contract and Company Requirements.
- Regularly meet with directly employed staff (collectively irrespective of their trade function and individually), subcontractors and suppliers to discuss performance.
- Involvement in the process of tendering contracts and the selection of new sub- contractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for bringing to the attention of the Technical Services Managers and all Senior Management any unsafe working conditions, working practices, unsafe plant or equipment encountered during the execution of duties including reporting on the company CID system.
- Responsible for the execution of any other estates and facilities related duties in an emergency/urgent situation, as directed by the Technical Services Managers or Senior Management.
- Participate as a member of the Estates Team by achieving Authorised Person (AP) status in one or more disciplines as required and directed by Senior Management.
- Carrying out inspections of site tools, plant, access equipment and first aid equipment, reporting on findings and manage resolution ensuring safety and compliance
Qualifications & Experience:
- City and Guilds or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline
- Ability to show understanding of statutory maintenance requirements, legislation, Health Technical Memorandums, Health Building Notes and other technical documentation
- A sound knowledge of standard spreadsheet packages and computerised estates and project management systems
- People management skills
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of technical and estates and building issues in the provision of construction, maintenance and FM services
If this role is of any interest apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218