HV Senior Authorised Person
Our client provides HV installation and maintenance services throughout the UK. This includes providing HV Construction in terms of covering design, erection, testing and commissioning both for new installations and refurbishments up to and including 33kV.
They provide HV Maintenance to ensure client HV networks are inspected and maintained on a regular basis. They operate varying maintenance contracts to suit individual client needs.
The business unit are looking for an experienced HV Senior Authorised Person to engage with our client base and provide engineering solutions for the installation and maintenance of HV & LV electrical systems.
The successful applicant will:-
- Manage the works to meet the customer’s requirements in terms of specification, costs, budget & time and progress is continuously evaluated and reported back.
- Ensure that the work is adequately instructed and communicated to the workforce.
- Manage Health & Safety for the site and ensure works are carried out safely and that reasonable and practical measures are taken to maintain the safety of all involved.
- Manage and control sub-contractors.
- Maintain company quality standards
HV / SAP Experience is required in order to:-
- Execute construction and asset replacement projects on 11kV - 33kV distribution networks.
- Undertake operational, technical and safety from the system duties associated with the construction, maintenance and commissioning of customer networks.
- Provide leadership, sound technical knowledge, a positive safety culture and strong technical awareness.
- Organise and execute HV switching, isolation, earthing, and issue of safety documentation for customer HV networks up to, 33kV. All in accordance with Company High Voltage distribution safety rules and operational procedures.
- Undertake on site testing and commissioning of customer HV distribution systems.
- Knowledge of maintenance of HV Switchgear and protection systems
- HNC in electrical engineering - Power Distribution or the equivalent would be preferred but not essential
- City & Guilds in HV Operational safety
- HV Senior Authorisation status required (e.g. DNO Authorisations, or with other organisations)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an electrical contracting environment and be technically competent
For more information please call the office and speak to Matt