Our client, who are one of the largest FM companies in the world are looking to recruit a Project manager with a Mechanical or Electrical bias to cover one their very prestigious contracts.
Profitable delivery of predominately minor/small works and projects to a high level of safety. Ensuring this is to the required quality standards and specification, on time and within budget.
- Project Management of Mechanical or Electrical related works both of a minor and/or major nature as passed to you as part of an Annual Funded Programme.
- Oversee M&E supervisor and related works as requested.
- Ensure that you effectively manage the expectations of our Customers and constantly deliver services safely, on time, within budget and to specification and to the Customer's satisfaction.
- Ensure that all of your works under your responsibility, irrespective of size are carried out in full compliance with legislative requirements and the Health and Safety Policy and quality system
- Demonstrate accurate financial monitoring and control of all works under your control, ensuring that your commitment value on any works never exceeds the Firm Price (FP).
- Facilitate the Coordination of CDM projects in conjunction with HSE Manager and Principal CDM
- Organise work load to minimise lost time, or non-productive time.
- Maintain meticulous records, timesheets and appropriate job sheets for all tasks completed, ensuring all valid risk assessments and method statements are in place.
- Ensure that all of your works are accurately entered into the Maximo IT System, percentages and progress maintained and all works are completed in the system as the works are done.
- Keep the Deputy Account Manager updated on a weekly basis of progress, successes, issues and concerns on all of your works
- Produce reports on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Control and monitor the performance of all suppliers, contractors and consultants employed on your works; safety, cost, programming etc.
- Prepare and update project planning to provide sufficient and accurate timelines and critical path control of each project under your control.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by your line manager, or Management team
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Educated to HND level (or equivalent) in mechanical / electrical industry.
- Experience of facilities management in the maintenance and construction industry.
- Must be able to produce detailed designs and specifications, read drawings
- Experienced in designing and overseeing varied sized maintenance and new works, will be responsible for Financial & Quality control inspections and testing where required including Health & Safety.
- Full driving license.
- A proven member of a multi-skilled team
- A wide range of experience in project management of a construction nature
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be computer literate - Word, Excel, Microsoft Project & Web Access
Salary; 45K – 55K +bonuses
If this role is of interest please apply online with your CV or for more information call Jake on 01745 772218