Commercial Gas engineer
You’ll be working for a client that offers integrated facilities management solutions which cover on and off-site management, 24/7 helpdesk, maintenance, cleaning, catering, security, project management and a whole host of related services.
As a management company they work to deliver value for money across the range of facilities and property management services required to provide the best environment for their customers. By engaging and managing the best-fit local, regional and national supply chain partners, they deliver services tailored for their clients.
A commercial Gas Engineer is required to operate within the maintenance team carrying out planned and reactive works in the Plymouth area
The Gas Engineer role will involve PPM, fault finding, reactive and breakdowns, quoting for repair and remedial works to various types of boilers and heating system
Applicants should have ACS Commercial qualifications with relevant commercial experience. The applicant must have a good all-round knowledge and understanding of HVCA plant and would be expected to assist with various reactive and PPM tasks, as well as core combustion skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
- Complete a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance with Company procedures
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Assist with co-ordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the client’s needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
30-36k Dependent on experience
Hours of work
Monday to Friday
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Gas qualifications in:- Comb analysis, gas boilers under and over 70kw, pipework, air heating, water CH, commercial and domestic gas qualifications
- Excellent gas knowledge complete with an industry recognised qualification
- COCN1 or CODNCO1 (Core Commercial Gas Safety)
- CDGA1 (Commercial Direct Fired Heating Appliances)
- CIGA1 (Commercial Indirect Fire Heating Appliances and Equipment)
- CORT1 (Commercial Radiant Tube Heaters)
- ICPN1 (First Fix Commercial Pipework)
- TPCP1 (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1)
- TPCP1A (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1A)
- CCN1 or COCDN1 (Core Domestic Gas Safety
- CENWAT (Domestic Central Heating/Water Heaters)
- CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analyser)
For more information then please call Sarah Evans on 01745 77 22 18