Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Working for one of the world’s leading Mechanical and Electrical / Facilities Management maintenance companies. Based in the UK they have a turnover of over £3.5 billion and employ a workforce in excess of 80,000 worldwide. With a presence in the FTSE 250 the company can offer excellent levels of job security, real and attainable career development and the chance to work on large blue chip clients buildings.
Our client are currently a Multi-skilled electrical maintenance engineer in the Wellingborough area to support with the delivery of facilities management contract client sites for a national distribution and logistics company.
This role is site-based for 6 weeks, with the potential of becoming a permanent mobile role for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company’s PPM and task schedules
- Undertake PPM activity in a quality, professional manner.
- Production of technical and situational reports as required
- Proactively use the technology systems given to you so that the Company can be compliant with its contractual obligations at all times
- Carry out the works requested in a professional and proactive manner at all times
- To communicate clearly and effectively with the rest of the team and clients at all times
- Participation in the call out rota
- Writing activity reports in line with Company procedures accurately and timely
- Proactively assisting the management team to produce quotations by giving accurate and good quality information where extra works are identified
- Attending team meetings/briefings as requested at all times
- Provide resident site cover for holiday and sickness as required in order for the Company to fulfil its contractual obligations. This may be at very short notice
- To escalate any major site issues or incidents to your line manager asap once noticed
- To manage sub-contractors whilst working on site
- Undertake reactive maintenance works as directed by the Help Desk and/or management team
- Actively participate in the health and safety processes required under the Company policies and procedures on portfolio including, but not limited to, accident investigation, reporting, risk assessments and auditing
- Understand and be aware of the requirements of all relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality legislation and are equally aware of their own roles and responsibilities within the company.
Essential skills / Experience
- Ideally the successful candidate will be a multi-disciplined Engineer (Electrical with good Mechanical/Plumbing knowledge of building services)
- Experience of operating a BMS system is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with boilers, heating systems, air handling systems, motors, pumps, HVAC
- An additional trade qualification would be beneficial. (C&G F-gas/ NVQ Plumbing)
- Experience of working in a high-end client environment in which he/she has regular face to face engagement with building managers will be an advantage.
- Record keeping and filing of works records would also be a pre-requisite.
Essential Qualifications / Skills
- C& G 2361 Parts 1 & 2 Preferred
- Excellent Building services experience ·
- 17th Edition Electrical Regulations preferred
- C&G 2391 or 2394/5 is desirable but not essential
- Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
- Temporary with potential of permanent placement
- Start Date: ASAP
- Overtime Opportunities
If you are interested please apply with your CV or call Joe on 01745 772218.