Working for one of our well known and expanding facilities management clients. They cover complete M&E building maintenance for the commercial and industrial sectors; providing their services to education, retail, healthcare and various multi-commercial sites.
They are now recruiting for a maintenance electrician for one of their prestigious contracts in the broadcast media sector. You will be responsible for planned and reactive maintenance on electrical systems and commercial HVAC equipment.
This is a mobile role, covering various sites across the East Midlands
Maintenance Electrical Responsibilities:
- Fault find and carry out repairs on all mechanical / electrical systems and HVAC equipment
- Carry out all PPMs and reactive tasks as necessary to onsite HVAC plant and specialist equipment.
- Accountable for ensuring all Environmental/Temperature Control rooms and equipment are available for end users, keeping down times to an absolute minimum during breakdowns.
- Ensure the site's logbook is kept up to date, and all losses, recoveries and additions are recorded appropriately.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and operational upkeep of portable and fixed equipment.
- Plan, oversee and work with all subcontractors during service visits associated with mechanical and electrical systems.
- Undertake any other engineering tasks as required by the Help Desk, Area Supervisor, or Line Manager.
- Ensure that PPM and Reactive jobs are processed, and defects are diagnosed, and faults are repaired and testing.
- Tasks will be allocated using a PDA, so all activities must be recorded and logged in real time
- Respond within SLA's to verbal and written requests
- Coordinate quotations with the Area Supervisor and Account Director
- You may be required to work across multiple contracts
- Support the Helpdesk: in servicing and breakdowns of A/C and refrigeration appliances
- Achieve Appointment as Mechanical/Electrical Competent Person
- Production of information for quotations and collation of Condition / Dilapidation Reports
- Complete report accident, near misses returns in a timely manner
- Ensure the site supervisor is informed immediately if dangerous circumstances occur
- Ensure your vehicle, tools and instruments are clean and tidy with all damage or loss is reported.
- Comply with requests for information from SHEQ manager
- Work to company health and safety policy
- Ensure all PPE is safe to use
- Test equipment is calibrated
- Ensure you follow Method Statements & Risk Assessments for all works
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Recognised EITB or CITB apprenticeship or other similar approved training or further
- Minimum Electrical/Mechanical engineer qualifications to NVQ level 3
- C& G 236/2330 Parts 1 & 2 Preferred
- 17 th /18 th Edition Electrical Regulations preferred
- C&G F-gas/NVQ Plumbing (Desired but not essential)
- Excellent Building services experience
Maintenance Electrical Package:
- Salary: £32K-£34K
- 37.5 Hours per week
- Overtime opportunities
- Company vehicle, fuel card, PDA etc.
If you are a fully qualified Maintenance Electrical and you are interested in this role please apply with your CV or call Joe on 01745 772218.