ENGIE have joined forces with HVAC FM Recruitment to lead a large recruitment drive for fantastic opportunities to work on the US Air Force bases in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Market leader in the development and deployment of facility management and energy service, ENGIE delivers international soft and hard Facility Management (FM) solutions to its clients.
We are recruiting for a painter to join our existing team based at RAF Lakenheath. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week.
The painter’s primary role will be painting of Military Family Housing (MFH).
- Painting of vacant family houses both internally and externally
- Working from ladders
- Attend inspections to pick up snags
- Providing decorative and faux finishes as the project requires
- Preparing the surrounding area by covering with cloth or tape to prevent messes
- Cleaning up supplies and over paint
- Preparing painting surfaces by washing walls and repairing holes and removing old paint if necessary.
- Clear communication of the company vision and objectives ensuring the implementation of new procedures
- Promote and drive the company values
- Keep up to date with industry developments, driving innovation and effective change
This role will form an essential part of the operational team and will be client forward facing, the candidate will need to have excellent communication skills to ensure all operational and contractual obligations are adhered to mitigate risk to ENGIE.
We are looking for a confident individual with an experience of painting.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Experience of painting to a high standard (training will be provided)
- Good communication skills
- Driving licence is preferred but not essential
- Builds working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Works with colleagues to achieve team goals
- Notices when colleagues need help and provide support where necessary.
- Takes part and contributes positively to team meetings.
- Comes up with ideas and solutions to improve how things are done.
- Offers possible solutions to potential problems.
- Takes personal pride in providing a quality service to customers (either internal or external) to achieve targets.
- Stays focused on priorities and avoids distractions.
- Gets on with the job even when there is no immediate supervision available.
- Offers to share knowledge and experience with others to help them learn and improve.
- Is respectful and courteous when dealing with others.
- Is open and honest.
- Is trustworthy and does the right thing.
- Delivers on commitments.
- Ensures that the right equipment and resources are available to do the job.
- Thinks ahead and flags up if a personal target or objective may not be achieved
- Excellent rates of pay
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Company pension
- Company benefits
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV or call Jak Walsh on 01745 772218.