Our client is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a maintenance electrician to join the team located at a site in Norwich. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out all Electrical and associated requested works as designated and delegated by the Building Fabric / Utilities Services Supervisor and / or Utilities Electrical Team Leader.
Maintenance Electrician Role
To operate within the maintenance team as an electrical engineer, carrying out planned and reactive works. The maintenance electrician is a vital role ensuring compliance across a variety of planned maintenance and safe electrical solutions for reactive task.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Key responsibilities include ensuring all your allocated engineering activities are completed to cost, timescales and appropriate quality standards as required.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Take ownership of the clients' needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Ability to build positive relationships with the client
- Shows enthusiasm and energy about their work and encourages others to do the same.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with the client in order to speedily resolve day to day operational problems and identify opportunities for increasing the level of profitable business arising from these relationships
- Self-motivated and capable of working within a team environment
- Project a professional demeanour with colleagues, clients and their customers
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Industry relevant qualifications
- A minimum of City & Guilds qualifications C&G 2361 Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- 17th/18th Edition as a minimum
- Electrical Control Panel maintenance and repair desirable.
- Must have experience in carrying out small electrical installation jobs.
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound administration and organisational skills
- Must have experience in a similar role
- Proactive approach to all tasks undertaken
- High standard of workmanship
- Full UK Driving Licence
Maintenance Electrician Package
- Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 (Depending on experience)
- Overtime opportunities
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
- Company Benefits
If you are a fully qualified maintenance electrician and would like to apply for this role please send your CV or call Jak Walsh on 01745 772218.