A leading Facilities Management company is recruiting for an Energy Manager, seeking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to build on the already well-established reputation of the Energy Management function. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with knowledge and experience of energy management and energy efficiency to contribute towards improving the performance of the site. As a member of the team, you will share in our ongoing success and help to take our Energy Management activities to the next level. Ensuring the organisation is fully compliant and running as well as it possibly can, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of the business and customer.
- Able to demonstrate a strong focus on customer care with excellent communication skills
- To ensure paperwork is legible and fully completed for each job, clearly identifying further action and any Health & Safety concerns.
- To ensure all log books are fully completed and up to date.
- To ensure that all sub-contractors have attended to their tasks on time as per the ppm planner and that their paperwork is correctly filed into the log book.
- Optimise the use of all energy and water resources, as encapsulated in the contracts Energy Strategy
- Undertake energy and water audits of premises to identify inefficient energy/water consumption, make recommendations for the implementation of corrective measures and provide where appropriate detailed costings for installation of remedial and/or additional equipment including controls
- Ensure compliance with legislation relating to Energy Performance Certificates and Display Energy Certificates.
- Manage CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme to ensure compliance, including data collation and reporting .
- Manage BMS Systems database for the monitoring of energy/water consumption and associated costs in order to provide financial reports as well as savings and value for money across the facility
- Produce statistical energy consumption models and validate savings achieved by implemented energy saving measures and identify problematic energy consumption patterns
- Provide data analysis reports (as required) on all matters relating to energy efficiency, to inform energy policy, strategic planning and budgeting.
- Assist the Contract Manager in the maintenance and on-going development of consumption monitoring and energy audit systems and procedures along with performance in accordance with the procedures stipulated by the Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme.
- Assist the Contract Manager in undertaking an ongoing programme of publicity and training activities to promote a greater awareness of energy conservation issues on and around the facility.
- Assist in marketing the Energy Management function and linking services into client's needs
- Liaise with senior management, officers, suppliers, other regulatory bodies, members of the public and other parties as required.
- Be responsible for all activities that are undertaken by officers assigned to the Energy Manager, including training and development.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of energy management plans.
- At all times, adopt a cooperative ethos in dealings with customers and partners.
- Report opportunities to improve the profile, reputation or performance.
- Work within allocated time and financial budgets.
- To be responsible for identifying and developing yourself professionally and personally.
- Reporting and accountable to the Account Manager
- The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff.
- Accountable day-to-day to the relevant internal/client contacts.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Confidence to work independently and able to work unsupervised
- Use specialist knowledge and experience to drive improvements in performance, health & safety and site standards
- Share knowledge and best practice across the company
- Act in a professional and courteous manner to staff, peers, line management and customers
- Strong customer focus, taking a positive approach to the Company ethos of conti