Data Center Engineer
Job Title: Shift Engineer, Electrical Bias
Based: Mitcheldea- Data Centre
Shifts: 12hrs 2 days & 2 nights ON – 4 days OFF
Purpose of the job
I have an exciting opportunity for a Data Centre Shift Engineer (Electrical bias) to join one of the UK`s most profitable and high profile Facilities Management companies.
Within this role there are a number of key responsibilities:
- This includes carrying out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building infrastructure/plant and equipment in accordance with agreed service levels and to respond to and escalate site engineering emergencies.
- Undertake small installation works, project works, repairs to building fabric, and handyman duties in order to meet our contractual and legal obligations.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations and agreed service level agreements.
- To be able to carry out fault diagnosis on mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, escalate and effect emergency repairs as required.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of clients staff.
- Ensure logbooks, shift hand-over and the client’s reporting is updated regularly and accurately.
- Have a flexible attitude to working overtime to cover other engineers holiday leave where required.
- Training [Essential] The engineer must be formally trained in mechanical and electrical services maintenance.
- City & Guilds 236 parts 1 & 2 (or later) 18th Edition or equivalent qualification.
- Experience [Essential] Experience of critical environment facilities maintenance, but not limited to, UPS systems, BMS operation, emergency standby generators, testing of electrical systems, dual fed systems.
- Prior experience working in data centres.
- Comfortable interacting with client management and dealing with reasonable requests direct form the client.
- Must be able to pass mandatory security clearance
If any of the above role is of interest to you or you would like to apply, please contact HVAC FM Recruitment and ask for Sarah on Phone: 02080926500 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org