Construction Project Manager (Falkland Island)
We are recruiting on behalf of one of Europe's largest FM service providers who have a strong presence in the FTSE250 and employ over 25,000 Skilled workers and support staff.
The role will be based at the MOD estate at Mount Pleasant Complex, Falkland Islands, South America.
The Island is a Tax Free State and all earnings will be your own and exempt from paying tax, all accomodation, transfers (of all kind) and food will be covered
Profitable delivery of Customer Works and projects to a high level of safety, to the required quality standards and specification, on time and within budget.
Description of Duties:
- Project Management of Building and Construction related works both of a minor and/or major nature as passed to you as part of an Annual Funded Programme.
- Carry out airfield pavement inspections and produce reports detailing recommendations.
- Carry out Roads inspections and produce reports detailing recommendations.
- Oversee B&CE supervisor and related works as requested.
- Ensure that you effectively manage the expectations of our Customers and constantly deliver services safely, on time, within budget and to specification and to the Customer's satisfaction.
- Ensure that all of your works under your responsibility, irrespective of size are carried out in full compliance with legislative requirements and the Interserve Health and Safety Policy and quality system.
- Demonstrate accurate financial monitoring and control of all works under your control, ensuring that your commitment value on any works never exceeds the Firm Price (FP)
- Facilitate the Coordination of CDM projects in conjunction with QSHE Adviser
- Organise work load to minimise lost time, or non productive time.
- Carry out role of Duty Manager as part of rota and respond to emergency call outs as and when required.
- Maintain meticulous records, timesheets and appropriate job sheets for all tasks completed, ensuring all valid risk assessments and method statements are in place.
- Ensure that all of your works are accurately entered into the Maximo IT System, percentages and progress maintained and all works are completed in the system as the works are done.
- Qualify and carry out the duties for Authorised Person in Masts and Towers and confined Spaces.
- Keep the Deputy Account Manager updated on a weekly basis of progress, successes, issues and concerns on all of your works.
- Produce reports on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Control and monitor the performance of all suppliers, contractors and consultants employed on your works; safety, cost, programming etc.
- Prepare and update project planning to provide sufficient and accurate timelines and critical path control of each project under your control.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by your line manager, or Management team.
- Educated to HND level (or equivalent) in construction industry.
- Qualified (or be capable of working towards) authorised person in Masts and Towers and Confined Spaces.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in construction industry (Desired not Essential)
- Experience of facilities management in the maintenance and construction industry.
- Must be able to produce detailed designs and specifications, read drawings
- Experienced in designing and overseeing varied sized maintenance and new works, will be responsible for Financial & Quality control inspections and testing where required including Health & Safety.
- deally from PFI, Civils or other construction backgrounds, refurbishment works would be considered, with a strong emphasis towards Building and Civil Roads, Pavements and Airfields.
- Previous experience in the Falkland Islands or working abroad.
- Falkland Islands (FIQQ 1ZZ)
- Full Time
- Notice period 2 months
- Hours worked per week - 47.5 hrs
- 33 days leave excluding weekends. There will also be an entitlement to the Falklands Island Bank Holidays.
- Length of tour = Permanent
- Site allowance: 5%
- Tour bonus: 10%
- Compliance requirements - BPSS Security
- Air/Sea transport expenses covered
- Free accommodation
- Work clothing and PPE
- Tax Free status
If this role is of any interest please apply with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218