Fire Systems Engineer
Fire Systems Engineer
£28,000 - £30,000
Our client is one of the world's leading Mechanical and Electrical / Facilities Management maintenance companies. Based in the UK they have a turnover of over £3.5 billion and employ a workforce in excess of 80,000 worldwide. With a presence in the FTSE 250. The company can offer excellent levels of job security, real and attainable career development and the chance to work on large blue chip clients buildings.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Fire Systems Engineer to join our clients growing Fire Division. The purpose of this role is to carry out servicing, small installations and reactive calls on various fire alarms, door entry & warden call systems for both existing and new customers in line with current legislative requirements.
This is a field based role. The successful candidate will cover the East midlands area.
Fire Systems Engineer Responsibilities
- Servicing of Fire Alarm Systems and provision of new equipment where required.
- Attend to emergency reactive call outs in line with the customer's contract.
- Ability to survey new and remedial works in accordance with the British Standard.
- Installation of small works and projects as required.
- 24 hour call out service and will be placed on a rota.
- Ensure adherence to the operational and customer KPIs and SLAs.
- Ensure high standards are maintained in respect of technical compliance to standards, health and safety and pay particular attention to statutory compliance across all building services in buildings/ services provided.
- Adopt high standards in the completion of their work. Ensure adherence to the "Safety Culture" within the daily working routine with all parts of the Fire division.
- Ensure that all operations comply with all company, legislative and best practice requirements, including Health, Safety, Environmental, Procurement and Employment practices.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by your Manager / Supervisor.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Electrical or electronics qualification, City and Guilds or BTE FIA Qualifications.
- Minimum Requirement Units 1 - Design & Unit 5 - Servicing.
- Comprehensive knowledge and an understanding of BS5839 and BS5266.
- Full UK driving Licence.
- Substantial quantifiable and demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of various conventional & addressable fire alarm systems including Morley, Advance, Kentec, Gent, Haes & Menvier.
Fire Systems Engineer Package
- Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
- Company vehicle, pda, tools etc
- Opportunities for overtime
- Holidays: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
If you are interested in this Fire Systems Engineer role please apply with your updated CV or call Joe Campbell on 0115 671 1400