Senior Contracts Manager - HV / High Voltage
Our client provides HV installation and maintenance services throughout the UK. This includes providing HV Construction in terms of covering design, erection, testing and commissioning both for new installations and refurbishments up to and including 33kV.
They provide HV Maintenance to ensure client HV networks are inspected and maintained on a regular basis. They operate varying maintenance contracts to suit individual client needs.
Reporting to the HV Business Manager the role will be to support the High Voltage Business Manager in the Operational management and development of the High Voltage maintenance and construction activities, including operational, financial, customer and employee strategy within the business.
As a Senior HV Contracts Manager, you will have the responsibility for ensuring a continuous pipeline of work for the business through the development of new and existing clients.
On offer is a salary of £58,000 - £60,000 plus Car/Car Allowance, Bonus, Private Healthcare and 25 days holidays plus BH
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
- Working as part of the management team to achieve the overall objectives of the business unit by driving high standards of safety, work and continuous improvement in process and quality of operations.
- Be responsible for the P&L, budget and commercial responsibility of the profit centres (x3), including cash flow and collection.
- Developing and delivering budgets in line with forecasts and expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all Company Policies. Particular attention is drawn to the requirement to manage operational delivery in accordance with the Companies High Voltage Distribution Safety Rules.
- Management of the business unit processes and procedures to achieve right first time and customer satisfaction.
- Understanding contracts, interpret and implement appropriate controls.
- Understanding the market, identifying and delivering opportunities to tender.
- Setting clear and measurable goals and objectives to develop a culture of performance linked to the overall strategy to drive performance.
- Proactively manage costs and improve efficiency to increase business performance and profitability.
- Take lead role in all HR activities within the profit centres (x3), coaching and developing the workforce Ensure quality, health and safety standards are maintained in accordance with company policies and relevant legislation.
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Attributes
- The successful applicant will ideally possess: -
- Demonstrable experience of managing a team including operational Senior Authorised personnel.
- Demonstrable experience of understanding and managing P&L, budget control, commercial and financial acumen.
- Customer focused thinker with outstanding interpersonal skills for communication at all levels
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop workforce.
- Possess excellent technical knowledge of the High Voltage market and electrical industry
- Degree or relevant experience in managing an engineering business
- IOSH H&S for Managers
For more information please call the office and speak to Kathy