Auto Electrician, Falklands
The Falklands is a Tax free state and all earnings will be exempt from Tax deductions
Provide electrical support to Core Plant vehicles, trucks and equipment. Train local mechanics on modern systems and diagnostic equipment as required.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and repair of plant, vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure servicing schedules are followed in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Compile lists of spares required ensuring correct parts are ordered.
- Maintain a suitably tooled and stocked electrical repair workshop.
- Carry out bench testing, repair and overhaul of 12 and 24 volt electrical components.
- Assist workshop mechanics with routine mechanical repairs and maintenance as required.
- Provide training and support to local mechanics both in the Falklands and Ascension Islands.
- Required to stand in for the workshop supervisor in his absence.
What we are looking for
- To have completed and passed an approved apprenticeship or attained a minimum of an NVQ level 2 in an appropriate discipline or equivalent.
- Have working knowledge of, and effectively use workshop manuals and computer diagnostic equipment to diagnose and repair defects.
- Full Driving licence
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Flexible approach
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of MOT inspections and preferably knowledge of military MEI (Mandatory Equipment Inspections
- Falkland Islands
- Full Time
- Notice period 2 months
- Hours worked per week - 47.5 hrs
- 33 days leave excluding weekends. There will also be an entitlement to the Falklands Island Bank Holidays.
- Length of tour = Permanent
- Site allowance: 5% twice per month
- Tour bonus: 10% once per annum
- Compliance requirements - BPSS Security
If this role is of any interest please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218