Working for one of the UK and Europe's leading Facilities Management / Building Maintenance Companies. As a company they specialise in maintaining large prestigious buildings. They trade throughout the UK and Europe and turnover excess of £3 Billion annually in the UK alone. The company can offer long term job stability with the chance of real career progression and personal development.
They are looking for a Compliance Manager for a large shopping centre in Leeds. This is a permanent position working 40 hours per week with a salary between £25,000 - £30,000
Purpose of the role
- To provide compliance/Health and Safety support to the management teams in accordance with contract and legislative requirements
- To comply and be conversant with All Health and Safety at work regulation, Fire regulations and all safe working practices
- To comply with quality and environmental policies and procedures
Key Accountabilities (these should describe separate areas of input)
- Assist & report to the hard services manager on a daily basis to ensure all subcontractors have received the correct site induction and valid permit to work and or access permissions
- To review and issue of access requests and low risk permit requests on Client S2 Riskwise H&S portal. Whilst supporting the Senior Compliance Co-coordinator in all aspects of Managing subcontractors on site.
- To assist carrying out H&S mid and end of Life checks for all permits to work issued
- Ensure all incidents are reported and investigated in accordance with facility management provider and centres procedures. To include ensuring all investigations are complete and protect all parties from potential claims.
- To ensure Health and Safety and security of the centre and its users are not compromised
- Assist the Senior Compliance Co-ordinator & Update site safety information and arrangements and the effective implementation of such policies and arrangements in line with corporate and clients procedures and requirements
- Assist with development and implementation of site based audits to ensure all SHEQ procedures are being adhered to
- Monitor and update as required client safety reports.
- To assist with visiting site contractors & site surveys.
- To complete Low risk Occupier demise inspections for the site and assist the Hard Services Manager with A3 higher risk Inspections as required.
- Represent Interserve at the centre as the first point of contact for all guests
- Maintain a professional personal appearance
- Attend standard Interserve training courses and other training events in line with an agreed personal / professional development plan
- Attend training as detailed by Senior Management
- Maintain confidentiality at all times concerning the guests and business of Interserve Facilities Services
- Any other duties commensurate with the post as required by Interserve Facilities Services
- Report all accidents / incidents and near misses to the Helpdesk
- Report all building / grounds defects or hazards to the Helpdesk
- Proven administration skills, with significant attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Capability to analyse data and produce reports
- Good communicator at all levels
- IT literate
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Must be willing to undergo CRB checking if required and achieve any agreed appropriate vocational qualifications
- Must be prepared to work hours and out of hours as required to meet the needs of a busy shopping centre.
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation.
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate COSHH Trained
- Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
For more information please call the office and speak to Sharon