Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager / HSEQ Manager
Reporting to the Account Director. SHEQ Team Primarily responsible for management of Safety, Health and Quality Working with Managers to ensure operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner in line with company and contract requirements. Identifying eliminating or minimising the risk of accidents to persons, property or the environment.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of legislation and codes of practice applicable to the company’s business.
- Support Operational Managers and Technical Services Managers to check and ensure all staff have the appropriate competences to work safely including the identification of formal training plans.
- Assist the onsite teams with the identification and development of practical and effective safe working practices. Ensuring that Management create, review and issue risk assessments for all tasks.
- Carry out work place inspections on site employees and sub-contractor’s including reviewing documentation.
- Create action plans to rectify issues identified.
- Ensure operational managers of the company are aware of their legal responsibilities.
- Carry out Assessments that are outside the competence of Operational managers i.e. Significant Risk, COSHH, DSE and other assessments.
- Providing guidance to managers to improve competences
- Investigation of accidents and incidents managing corrective actions and production of statistical information in relation to QHSE performance, In conjunction with the Account team establish and maintain the SHEQ forum to enable engagement and communication with employees and sub-contractors.
- Provide advice and guidance to operational facility and site managers on SHEQ matters.
- Establish a positive working relationship with the clients H&S team to ensure a consistent approach to managing health and safety.
- Attend client Safety Forums / meetings as is required.
- Creation and management of a Company Compliant Quality Management System ensuring records are correctly filed and kept up to date
- Carry out SHEQ audits and inspections of operational activity’s identifying corrective & preventive actions along with opportunities for improvement.
- Progress actions for both Internal and external audits to ensure closure within agreed time frames.
- Identify compliance with the Client/Trust requirements.
- Develop a safe working initiative across the contract and carryout safety coaching with employees
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience in Health & Safety preferably within the engineering, construction or FM industry
- MUST be from the Construction or R&M sectors
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and ideally CMIOSH. Minimum Grad IOSH
- Certified Member of the Association for Project Safety - desirable
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- BOHS P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings (Desired not essential)
- Qualification in Environmental Management (IEMA)
- Knowledge Quality Management Systems
- Full driving licence required
If you require further information on this role, please call 01745 772218 and ask for speak to Kathy