Air Conditioning Engineer
Static Air Conditioning Maintenance Engineer
£34,000 - £35,000 per year with Additional overtime!
40 hour working week!
Are you an Air Conditioning Engineer looking for work or a change of job in the Bristol/Filton area?
We are currently looking to recruit an Air Conditioning Engineer to work on behalf of our client on a large aerospace contract on a large site in Filton for one of the companies largest FM companies.
- Static Air Conditioning Engineer
- Monday to Thursday - 7AM / 4PM
- Friday - 7AM / 1PM
- Covering a large static site in Filton
- Overtime available.
- Salary: £33,000 - £35,000
- Holidays: 31 days per year inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Call outs 1 in every 7 weeks
- Van provided on site to get around from building to building
Your responsibilities will include;
- Liaise with M&E Supervisor, Team and Customer, as and when required in promoting a good working relationships with all relevant parties
- Collate information from the M&E Supervisor ensuring receipt of up to date drawings, scope of works and reports and any relevant information to the individual PPM’s, Reactive and Project works.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that you are issued, and have received, all relevant information for the PPM, Reactive and Project task at hand
- Keeping a daily record of all relevant activities e.g. Site Diary, Signed PPM/Reactive Sheet as and when required and Contract Variation Sheets
- Health & Safety – to adhere to current legislation, Building Regulations/Guidelines and maintaining the Imtech Inviron QSHE file in accordance company proecedures
- Responsible for making sure you have been issued with Risk Assessment and Method Statement prior to commencing works and that you understand the contents
- Refer the Risk Assessment and Method Statement to the appropriate authority on completion of works
- Collate out of hours breakdown information from the M&E Supervisor and arrange appropriate action as required
- Ensure each job is carried out utilising and wearing the appropriate PPE
- Responsible for ensuring and enforcing that you are working within Health & Safety requirements agreed within the approved Method Statement
- Responsible for permit control:- ensuring that permits are received for ALL works as required and extended as required throughout the PPM, Reactive or Project, (e.g.) Hot Works; Confined Spaces, Working From Heights etc
- Ensure safe working practice at all times to safe guard yourself and others in and around your working environment
- To carry out any other Works and Responsibilities, as reasonably required by the business, in lines with your Capabilities and Training
Knowledge & Experience:
- Wider building services knowledge would be an advantage
- Safe working practices in relation to 3 phase and single-phase electrics and applications
- Ability to maintain/ repair a range of mechanical equipment, e.g. fans, pumps and compressors to recognised standards
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work at heights and work in confined spaces etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused
- PC literate
- High degree of flexibility in working hours with willingness to work flexible hours over a 24/7 operation
- High degree of mobility to travel throughout the area
- NVQ Level 2/3 - Air conditioning & Refrigeration
- City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas Category 1
- Full UK Driving License
- City & Guilds 17th/18th Edition (Desirable but not required)
If this position for a Air Conditioning Maintenance Engineer / HVAC Maintenance Engineer sounds like something that interests you, please apply or contact Josh at HVAC FM Total Recruitment.