Mobile Commercial Gas Engineer
Newly Qualified Commercial Gas Engineer - Coventry Based
You will be working for a nationally recognised facilities management provider. They provide M&E solutions to various commercial sectors across the UK. The client is currently looking to recruit a newly qualified commercial gas engineer for a permanent maintenance position in the Coventry area.
The role will be based at a large court house in Coventry, and you will be responsible for completing the PPM and reactive maintenance on the commercial heating systems throughout the building, as well as some minor plumbing works.
- To undertake gas and mechanical works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To actively undertake general proactive maintenance work (reactive works not yet identified by a client) identified on site.
- To undertake gas, electrical, mechanical, fabric PPM works issued through the helpdesk within set time frames so that the customer expectations are met.
- To undertake new installations, major and minor repair works and attend to breakdowns when required.
- To complete repairs / breakdowns in plumbing blocked toilets, minor leaks etc. joinery, door furniture and other works where required.
- To provide callout response for the clients as detailed on the callout rota.
- To work an amount of overtime to complete chargeable out of hours PPM and reactive works.
- To work as part of an engineering team.
- To undertake contractor control duties on behalf of the client, including monitoring of contractors and their workmanship, so that relevant standards are met.
- To take ownership and accountability for ensuring site log books and standards are kept to a high standard.
- To ensure equipment and surrounding area conform to agreed company standards.
- To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensure customer satisfaction
- To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs at all times.
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To ensure that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents / records are maintained accurately
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in commercial gas with commercial gas tickets such as COCN1, CIGA1, CORt1 etc
- NVQ level 2/3 in plumbing would be advantageous
- Electrical and / or mechanical experience would be advantageous. (17th Edition, F-Gas etc)
- Clean Full UK Driving Licence
- Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 (Dependent on experience)
- Paid Holidays
- Training and development
- Overtime Opportunities
- Company Benefits
If you are interested in the position, or would like to know more please call Joe on 01745 772218