commercial Gas engineer
Commercial Gas engineer - Static
Are you ready to take the exciting opportunity to work as a static commercial gas engineer at a known site in Guildford?
Experience in maintaining and servicing a variety of HVAC/Boiler systems with some small install.
Must have experience working in a commercial environment.
Managing general maintenance, PPM reactive and fault finding.
An Fantastic opportunity working at a large known site in Guildford as Senior Commercial Gas Engineer
Job Purpose Statement
Working as the key team member and appointed person responsible for the specialist field of gas safety and boiler statutory maintenance of the site premises. Reporting to their Site Service Manager, the role will be to ensure compliance with statutory policy and obligations under the gas safe regulations, undertaking planned and reactive work on heating, ventilation and plumbing systems to support the sites infrastructure and environmental control systems across all of our premises, ensuring that they are maintained in a compliant, safe, efficient and functional order.
Commercial Gas Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- This senior mechanical engineer role will have expert status with full knowledge of their specialist field, taking overall responsibility for the provision of gas safe certification across the whole site portfolio and the potential status of AP (appointed person).
- Maintain all gas, mechanical, air and water systems, including statutory inspection and testing where required to current legislative requirements. They will identify gaps in information or compliance and advise on the potential solutions, managing complex situations with a broad understanding of the stakeholders, staff and students impacted.
- Provision of emergency response to gas related issues ensuring failing plant or assets are reported to the Helpdesk and plant areas are maintained in good condition.
- The post holder will be required to undertake certification examinations/tests in order to maintain their authority and will be expected to successfully pass and maintain the accreditation. They will be expected to liaise and co-ordinate across departments and faculties in order to manage activities with changing priorities and differing situations.
- Deliver an effective response to maintenance demands from the site/client and support for apprenticeship and trainee development in relation to gas/boiler/plumbing activities.
- Ensure compliance with all site H&S and Environmental systems and procedures and take an active part in the development of any policy.
- Carry out multi-skilled tasks where relevant training/experience can be demonstrated such as (but not restricted to) electrical isolation and fault finding, associated mechanical stripping out/refitting, minor carpentry and redecoration repairs linked to maintenance rectification work. They will carry out detailed analysis in order to develop solutions to complex problems utilising reports and other presentation approaches.
- The role may require the individual to undergo enhanced security clearance checks as part of the control measures required by the client.
- Minimum of a recognised City and Guilds or equivalent NVQ/technician qualification in mechanical services (heating, ventilation, plumbing installation and maintenance)
- ACS Commercial/Domestic Gas Tickets
- Have a detailed understanding of mechanical/plumbing installations and be qualified as a Gas Safe engineer.
- Experience of diagnosing complex problems on heating systems
- The post holder will ideally be working towards a multi-skilled competency or will be willing to undertake training and development to support multi-skilled working.
Commercial Gas Engineer package will include –
- Competetive Salary
- One of the best pensions for the area – at present 8% by employee, 18% company contribution
- 40 days annual leave including statutory
- Discount membership for Surrey Sports Park
- Discounted onsite Nursery
- Yearly Health Surveillance
- C1 - On call – Averaging £1,200 per year plus 3 hours per call
- C2 – on call – Escalation/Advise over the phone £2,500 per year which may require attendance @ 3 hours per call
- Tools and Uniform
- Training in relevant areas
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity as a Commercial Gas Engineer please apply with CV or call Kirsty 01745 772218