You will be working for an internationally recognised facilities management company that offers electrical, mechanical and HVAC building services to various sectors that includes manufacturing, education, retail, commercial and heritage sites.
Our client is currently looking to hire a multi-skilled carpenter/joiner to work on two of their highly prestigious commercial retail and hospitality contracts, which includes blue-chip coffee retailers and a gastro pub chain. You will be supporting with the delivery of facilities support services across their multiple sites.
The role will be responsible for carrying out a range of general maintenance tasks mostly covering Carpentry and Joiner tasks; however, fabric maintenance tasks, business support tasks and other adhoc tasks will be required.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week, a driving license is essential for this role as travel will be required across various sites in the region.
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (Carpentry, fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc)
- Monthly utilities meter readings
- First line response to reactive repairs
- Relamping of defective luminaries
- Building fabric repairs
- Minor decorating tasks
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Supporting external landscaping when required
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
- Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
What we are looking for:
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
- Full UK driving licence
- Formal trade qualification in carpentry (NVQ or C&G)
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson with a Carpentry/Joiner Bias
- Experience working on HVAC systems is desirable
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Have a proactive approach to maintenance and building management
- Full time and Permanent role
- Salary negotiable depending on experience and skill set
- Company vehicle, fuel card, paid travel time
- Overtime opportunities
- 21 days holiday (plus 8 statutory)
If you are interested in this position please apply with your updated CV or call Joe on 01745 772218