Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works
£40,000 - £45,000+
Role is with a prestigious client. Control of works is a base service provided under the contract. The Clark of Works will support FM Operations under extra works / small projects delivery at Pangbourne.
The Clerk of Works will provide and efficient control of work service, supporting projects, moves and churn and operational activities across the operation for out client.
The role will provide support in the coordination, planning and monitoring of sub-contract works including monitoring, auditing, and enforcement of the Control of Work requirements. The role is responsible for the safe execution, agreed quality and timely completion of sub-contract work and to ensure that the Clients requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Host, oversee and work with visiting contractors, both project related and in support of the operational team activities.
- Manage work delivery at client premises, ensuring agreed quality objectives and timely project completion
- Manage safe execution of work to ensure adherence to the safe systems of work
- Support the Client Projects and Operational teams by coordinating activity and advising limitations.
- Manage, support and audit the control of works process.
- Develop and maintain consistent, professional and effective communication with project managers, contractors, consultants, customers and client representatives.
- Assist contractors, project and FM Managers to understand clients requirements relating to contractor management and control.
- Provide suitable Health & Safety information to contractors including client protocols & requirements, local procedures, welfare facilities, contacts and carry out inductions when required.
- Review, comment and accept risk assessments and method statements prior to work commencement.
- Issue and clearance of Permits to Work as required.
- Carry out and document inspections of work equipment within competency.
- Undertake proportionate monitoring of contractors to ensure that CDM and Control of Work requirements, including method statements and risk assessments, are being adhered to
- Carry out and document workplace inspections to Client requirements.
- Take appropriate action where sub-standard performance has been identified.
- Appraise contractor H&S performance with work owners / CAM Managers.
- Coordinate with FM infrastructure teams to facilitate isolations, reconnections and the formal handover of completed works.
- Ensure that refresher training is undertaken for safety critical job specific requirements at regular intervals.
- Support in the training and development of all technical training requirements, including competency training, critical services training and scenario training exercises.
- Proactively seek innovation in all areas of service provision, in pursuit of continuous improvement
- Bring to the immediate attention of Site Manager any critical incident or problem that could affect the ability of the Team to meet their contractual obligations or the clients expectations.
- Building Services Knowledge
- Mechanical and Electrical Knowledge
- Construction Knowledge
- Facility knowledge
- HSE Knowledge
- Project Management knowledge
- City & Guilds or equivalent in an Engineering, Building Services, Construction or related discipline
- SMSTMS / IOSH / NEBOSH certification desirable
- Manager or supervisory experience in Clerk of Works, Project Management or Engineering Services roles
- Certificated assessor for building services activities including confined space, hot works, working at height, scaffolding, excavations and crane operations
- Experienced Authorised Person and competent operator of Permit to Work systems
- Computer literate, familiar with MS Office Applications, including Microsoft Project and capable of becoming competent user of bespoke databases
If the Clerk of Works role is of interest, please apply or call Kieran - 07961-972-925 or email - kieran @ hvacrecruitment . com