Engineering Service Supervisor
Our Client is a Warwickshire based market leader in large scale renewable energy solutions for various market sectors across the UK. They work with various commercial and domestic clients from multiple sectors such as education, healthcare, retail, hotel & leisure, agriculture and local authorities.
They are currently looking to a Service Engineering Supervisor for a permanent mobile role based in the Midlands, specialising in the service and maintenance of heat pumps and chilled water systems.
The Service Engineering Supervisor will work in the busy managed services department, working on Ground Source Heat Pumps and Chilled Water Systems, providing support and team management to all Service Engineers on the routine maintenance and breakdown repairs schedule and to assist with works where needed. On offer is a salary ranging from £38,000 to £40,000 depending on experience.
Key Job Responsibilities :
- Manage and supervise a team of service engineers across multiple contracts
- To manage the planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company's PPM and task schedules
- Undertake PPM activity in a quality, professional manner.
- Production of technical and situational reports as required
- Proactively use the technology systems given to you so that the Company can be compliant with its contractual obligations at all times
- Carry out the works requested in a professional and proactive manner at all times
- To communicate clearly and effectively with the rest of the team and clients at all times
- Writing activity reports in line with Company procedures accurately and timely
- Proactively assisting the management team to produce quotations by giving accurate and good quality information where extra works are identified
- Attending team meetings/briefings as requested at all times
- Actively participate in the health and safety processes required under the Company policies and procedures on portfolio including, but not limited to, accident investigation, reporting, risk assessments and auditing
- Understand and be aware of the requirements of all relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality legislation and are equally aware of their own roles and responsibilities within the company.
On Tools Responsibilities When Necessary
- Safely and efficiently, maintain and repair water chillers and heat pumps
- Carry out diagnostic and fault finding.
- Carry out routine servicing and commissioning of Ground Source Heat Pump Systems including ground source pipe networks
- Carry out flushing and dosing of ground source pipe networks
- Oversee mechanical retrofit and installation works.
- Assist with commissioning of mechanical and electrical installations
- Maintain documentation relating to system maintenance records
- Prepare accurate and detailed service reports
- Understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
Relevant Work Experience :
- Experience work with chillers and DX systems
- Experience working with air source or ground source heat pumps
- Flushing and dosing of ground source pipe networks
- Experience valves and actuators
- Experience with mechanical installations
The ideal Service Engineer will have a C&G 2079 F-gas, refrigerant handling certificate and experience working with Heat Pumps, DX systems and chillers, etc.
You will need a full driving license. A company service vehicle will be provided to visit a range of clients around the UK. You will have good communication and customer service skills and be able to work efficiently and independently on your own initiative.
- C&G 2079 F Gas or equivalent
- NVQ level 2 in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, or C&G/HNC (building services) or equivalent
- Preferably served time as an apprentice
- Demonstrably IT literate particularly in Excel
- Full driving license
- Salary: £38,000 - £40,000
- 7% Annual performance related bonus
- Company vehicle, PDA, fuel card
- Door to Door travel
- Overtime Opportunities
- Training and development opportunities
If you are interested then please apply with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218