Static Plumbing Engineer
Working for one of the UK's leading and largest Mechanical and Electrical companies. The company employs over 2,000 multi-skilled maintenance engineers including electrical, mechanical and general maintenance staff. They cover air conditioning, electrical, BMS and the full building services package. They can offer excellent training, career progression and a stable and secure employment.
Our client are recruiting for a Static Plumbing Engineer to be based in Bracknell. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week, 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Overtime at
weekends paid for each hour worked. Also there will be a paid on call rota.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
- To assist in delivering those aspects of the Company Performance Contract as they relate to the site, including satisfying all the requirements of the Company and the contract with the Customer, in line with existing procedures, by: Fulfilling site health, safety and environmental, quality and customer service targets.
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of existing plant and equipment and diagnosing faults as required.
- Safely and efficiently maintaining (or supervising the maintenance by third party contractors of) existing plant and equipment.
- Safely and efficiently installing (or supervising the installation by third party contractors of) new plant and equipment.
- To attend site in response to breakdowns or failures of the equipment outside of normal working hours (call outs).
- To be familiar with and understand the site contingency plans for dealing with emergency situations.
- To conform to our clients standards, rules and procedures.
- To carry out scheduled maintenance tasks, repairs and operations of equipment and services in accordance with best practice.
- To ensure that all third party contractors that are requested to carry out work on site, do so in a safe and professional manner and abide by any company or site specific procedures.
- To ensure that the Site Supervisor is kept informed of all aspects of safety performance, plant performance and customers circumstances that may impact upon the safe, efficient, reliable and cost effective operation of the plant and smooth operation of the plant.
- To be familiar with all Company and site procedures, which affect him/her, assist the Contract Manager in the completion of all administrative tasks identified by our clients quality systems or as required by the Customer.
- To produce maintenance reports inclusive of any costed remedials.
- To report all incidents and accidents, including near misses to the Site Supervisor
- To produce information for quotations relating to the remedial works detailed within periodic reports.
- To be aware of the key financial targets for the project/ task and, in conjunction with the Site Supervisor, carry out his responsibilities in the most cost effective manner
- To seek opportunities to enhance the Company’s relationship with its existing customers and develop business potential
- To lead initiatives and carry out other duties and projects as delegated or instructed by the Contracts Manager Comply with reasonable requests for information from HSQE manager
- Ensure PPE is up to date and safe
- Ensure you follow risk assessments for all works
- To carry out Mechanical maintenance tasks on the contract
- There will be a requirement to work out of hours to fulfil commitments of our customers ie Fan Coil Units etc
- To be a member of call out team on call out rota
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Mechanical C&G qualifications or equivalent
- Electrical Knowledge
- Extensive experience of M&E Building services in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of the use of CAFM systems
If you are interested in this role please apply or call the office and ask for Sarah Evans on 01745 77 22 18