Hard Services Manager
Working for one of the UK and Europe's leading Facilities Management / Building Maintenance Companies. As a company they specialise in maintaining large prestigious buildings. They trade throughout the UK and Europe and turnover excess of £3 Billion annually in the UK alone. The company can offer long term job stability with the chance of real career progression and personal development.
They are looking for a Hard Services Manager for a large site in Leeds. This is a permanent position working 40 hours per week with a salary of between £35,000 to £45,000
As the Hard Services Manager you will be responsible for the technical, compliance, and maintenance performance of standards on the contract. You will provide guidance to others on each site, to ensure appropriate and compliant solutions and efficient customer service delivery. The successful will be required to pass a DBS check.
- Understand the Contract and provide guidance and direction to ensure that the services are delivered to the required PMS standards.
- To contribute to the financial performance of the contract particularly around operational efficiency and subcontract procurement.
- Management of a mechanical bias workforce and also assist in the management of other disciplines as necessary.
- To work with the Site Managers to ensure the service delivery across the full range of services is continually improving.
- To ensure compliance with company procedures for the effective planning, organisation, control, monitor and review of the services by analysis of the relevant data.
- Develop systems and tools to ensure that statutory and contract compliance is achieved across the full suite of services delivered.
- Arrange the updating of record drawings and Operations and Maintenance manuals.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, maintaining up to date knowledge at all times.
- Understand and meet on going customer requirements, develop effective working relationships with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Be prepared to participate in business continuity plans, escalation plans and on-call system.
- Carry out appraisals of direct reports and ensure that their potential is developed.
- Lead, plan, communicate and deliver agreed change initiatives on programme to improve performance.
- Ensure that staff are fully trained to carry out their work.
- Provide leadership in awareness and responsiveness to Health and Safety issues.
- Demonstrate a clear and effective alignment with the operational objectives and the commercial interests of IFM.
- Establish and maintain responsive communication with Interserve Managers and senior Trust Managers to achieve good customer satisfaction.
- Responsibility for all building services for the contract.
- Lead person on all fire related issues across the contract and represent the SPV.
- Expected to work such hours as are necessary to fulfil the role.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Understanding of HR related items.
- Experience of managing contractors.
- Sound awareness of risk assessment and working safely.
- Experience with Building Services and experience in Mechanical and Electrical systems.
- Strong customer focus with experience of delivering high standards of Customer Service,
- Full driving licence required.
- Clear and effective communicator with professional personal presentation.
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met.