Building Service Engineer
Working for one of the world’s leading Mechanical and Electrical /Facilities Management maintenance companies. Based in the UK they have a turnover of over £3.5 billion and employ a workforce in excess of 80,000 worldwide. With a presence in the FTSE 250 the company can offer excellent levels of job security, real and attainable career development and the chance to work on large blue chip clients buildings.
Our client are currently looking to hire a Building service to cover a block of prestigious offices in the Wimbledon area.
The role will be responsible for carrying out a range of general maintenance tasks, fabric maintenance tasks, building services and basic 17 edition electrical work
You will be required to work a 40 hour week. You will be the only Engineer on site, so will be required to manage work load. This is also be a very client facing role, so a responsible manner will be expected.
The role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Maintaining and keeping in good repair, the buildings electrical and mechanical systems along with all associated component parts
- Maintaining and keeping in good repair, the buildings fabric, furniture and fittings
- General handyman tasks and duties, including porterage and meeting room set ups
- Routine tests, checks and record keeping for all the buildings systems (water hygiene, emergency lighting, weekly bell tests etc)
- Undertake regular walk-arounds of client areas and plant rooms to note and rectify any defects and to maintain Plant rooms in a clean, tidy and safe condition
- Liaise and arrange sub-contractor support and effectively manage and control all sub-contractors.
- Review, completion and approval of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Issuing of permits and authority to work for sub-contractors
- To monitor the buildings environmental temperature, humidity, and space conditions and ensuring that they are maintained in accordance with the business requirement
- To support the building management systems (BMS) engineers in maintaining control of the buildings HVAC to optimal levels of efficiency.
- Provide rapid and effective response to customer and helpdesk calls and defects.
- Provide innovative solutions to improve building, plant and system energy efficiency.
- Manage, rectify and record defects through the Help Desk to ensure all are rectified within SLA timeframes.
- Identify need for parts, obtain quotes and procure from suppliers
- Keep the Facilities Manager and Contract Manager briefed on all issues and progress.
- Provide engineering cover including weekends to support maintenance, defects and client requirements (when required).
- Use the Log Book System to store all records and certification for the site.
- Capable of learning and using the site PDA/handheld computer system for management and completion of engineering tasks
- Working at height from mobile platforms, ladders or similar raised access equipment
- Working indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions 365 days per year
What we are looking for:
- Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge
- Building services experience
- Experience of building maintenance, handy person or janitorial duties
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Qualified with some Electrical qualification – Level 2 or above
- Good communication skills and strong grasp of English language
- Awareness of Health & Safety obligations in Facilities Management Industry
- Experience of working in Corporate and Industrial Facilities Maintenance environment
If your building Service Engineer and for more information on the above please don't hesitate to contact Sarah Evans on 01745 77 22 18