Working for one of the world's leading Mechanical and Electrical / Facilities Management maintenance companies. Based in the UK they have a turnover of over £3.5 billion and employ a workforce in excess of 80,000 worldwide. With a presence in the FTSE 250. The company can offer excellent levels of job security, real and attainable career development and the chance to work on large blue chip clients buildings
You will be working within a healthcare environment and experience in this setting would be advantageous.
Reporting to the Contract Director this role will be a key player in the mobilisation of a contract in ensuring the smooth transition of services of a large scale, national facilities management (FM) contract.
The role will support the Director in the delivery of the requirements of the Company's QSHE integrated Management system. The suitable candidate needs to be self-motivated with a desire to take their career in a Health, Safety and Environmental direction.
Candidates will be required to meet security checks in order to work on the client premises.
- Support the Mobilisation Director by creating, delivering and monitoring of QSHE plans which underpins the strategy and supports the achievement of operational objectives
- Facilitate and deliver QSHE calendar events into the business ensuring robustness and consistency and continuous improvement
- Manage Master Audit Programme for the contract to monitor compliance and ensure external accreditation requirements are being maintained
- Champion the use of QSHE IMS and mentor managers to enable them to maintain compliance - identifying trends and delivering initiatives and interventions to bring about compliance performance improvements
- Provide QSHE support with high risk activities to provide a cost effective, customer focussed solution to deliver the required performance criteriaSupport the local implementation of QSHE cultural change initiatives and embed organisational values and behaviours in the contracts
- Work with other QSHE Advisers/coordinators to share best practice and raise QSHE policy/practice issues
- Drive the delivery of core QSHE processes into the contracts: Support the Account Director in monitoring of QSHE compliance levels
- Support and encourage positive employee communication processes with emphasis on engagement and communication at all levels. Build constructive working relationships locally with Site Safety Representatives, Trade Union Safety Representatives, leading or supporting local meetings when required
- Authority to develop contract QSHE plan, goals and objectives for their assigned service deliver area
- Recommends recruitment and training requirements for personnel within assigned contract
- Manages major accident, incident investigations within assigned contract
What we are looking for
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (Essential)
- Minimum Grad IOSH (Essential)
- P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings (Advantageous)
- NVQ Level 4 in Occupational Health & Safety
- Experience of operating in an FM company
- Quality Assurance and Environmental Management experience
- Demonstrable track record of devising and implementing successful QSHE compliant contracts with bottom line contribution.
- Solid and up to date knowledge of practical QSHE principles and practices as well as QSHE legislation
- An understanding of performance measurement and delivery of performance improvement interventions
- Experience of supporting organisation change, including mobilisations support and TUPE transfers
- In depth knowledge of statutory compliance and Previous experience of working within an FM organisation
- Detailed understanding of preferably all aspects of QSHE Management
If this role is of any interest please apply online with your CV or call Jamie on 01745 772218