Water Hygiene Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit a Water Services Engineer to carry out a range of monitoring, one-off remedial cleaning, chemical testing and minor plumbing electro/mechanical tasks to meet clients’ agreed requirements with regard to the Legionella control programme as set out in the Water Technical Manual.
Reporting to the Service Manager, this is a mobile, field-based position.
• To carry out routine monitoring tasks in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8.
• Carry out work in line with the Water Technical Manuals guidance to safe systems of works.
• To be an ambassador for the Company whilst visiting customers sites
• Maintain customer’s water safe log books in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8 and company guidelines.
• To take a variety of Water samples from multiple sector properties and document these samples in line with the Water Technical Manual guidance.
• Complete and submit all documentation relating to the work carried out in a timely manner and produce documentation and follow the progress of any paperwork regarding customer queries.
• Carry out water system clean and disinfections in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L8 with guidance for the Water Technical Manual.
• Testing, servicing and maintaining of thermostatic mixing valves.
• Simple remedial plumbing tasks.
• Analysis, testing and dosing of closed system heating and chilled water
• Analysis testing and checking of Chlorine dioxide systems and equipment.
• Installation and repair of our supplied equipment.
• Comply with time allocations for specified work.
• To communicate on a daily basis to the service department that all tasks are carried out efficiently.
• Maintain adequate stock levels of chemicals on customer’s sites and adequate levels of chemicals and materials in your vehicle to carry out your work for the time planned.
• Ensure all expenditure has the prior of approval of the Line Manager.
• To maintain plant and equipment on customers site.
• Comply with special instructions laid down for certain customers that appear on route prints or job cards.
• Carry out a daily vehicle report and report any damage to your line manager. Follow the correct maintenance, driving and safety guidelines as detailed in the Drivers Handbook.
• Ensure that any equipment for which you are responsible (e.g. Tablet computers, destiny pens) is kept clean and is properly maintained.
• A technical background relating to plumbing.
You will be working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8am-5pm with call outs and the option of overtime.
Apply with CV FAO Sharon.