Resident Building Services Engineer (electrician)
Resident Building Services Engineer
£32,000 - £35,000
You have the opportunity to work for one of the leading facilities management companies in the World. They have over 12,000 employees serving clients in over 70 countries; they have a turnover of £1 billion with a portfolio numbering over 750 clients.
They specialise in providing mechanical and electrical building services, building fabrics repair and soft services to multiple sectors inclusive of commercial offices, education, critical environments, retail sites, shopping centres, local authorities, distribution and logistics, manufactures.
Our Client is currently looking to recruit a resident building services engineer for one of their highly prestigious contracts; they have a newly-refurbished site in Birmingham that requires a resident engineer.
The Resident Building Services Engineer will be a multi-disciplined Engineer (Electrical with good Mechanical/Plumbing knowledge of building services) and experience of operating a BMS system is desirable.
Experience of working in a high-end client environment in which the successful building services engineer has regular face to face engagement with building managers will be an advantage. Record keeping and filing of works records would also be a pre-requisite.
Building Services Engineer Responsibilities
- Organise and assist in reactive repairs and PPM's to the sites M&E systems (BMS, Fire, Air Conditioning, Generators and LV Electrical Distribution and Switch Gear etc ).
- Carry out reactive repairs as instructed by Contract Support or Contract Management in line with the Service Level Agreements.
- Prioritising and delegating reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to ensure optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules.
- To respond to call-outs and cover emergencies as required.
- To observe the company policy on Health & Safety at Work.
- Ensure QHSE documentation is maintained and readily available using various systems e.g. Logbooks, Hazard Reports, training & competency records, eLogbooks, PPE, toolbox talks.
- Compliance with and record keeping for and all Quality Management Systems.
- Actively identify/implement innovation across the contract to enhance performance and continue to meet client expectations.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
- To install and repair plant as required and directed and respond in a prompt and effective manner to all reactive maintenance issues and requests associated with site.
- Attend and participate in any relevant training courses.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Promoting and maintaining the core values of our client
- NVQ level 3 - Electrical installation or equivalent
- City & Guilds 17th /18th Edition
- City & Guilds 2391/2394/5 (Desirable)
- City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas Category 1 or equivalent (Desirable)
Building Services Engineer Package
- Salary: £32,000 - £34,000
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Holidays: 33 days per year inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Unlimited budget for training
- Opportunities for progression
If you are interested in this building services role please can you apply with your updated CV or call Paul Howes for more information on 01745 772218